Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co worker of mine just lost his fuel system on his 6.7, the mech said the tank had bad fuel in it that caused the pump to fail at just over 64k miles repair cost quoted was $8100.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Will there ever be a complete recall on these? I see several class actions but those are just BS. I am running a lift pump, two fuel filters and an additive only because of this and seriously considering the CP3 convert. I can't imagine loosing the pump in heavy traffic or on a mountain road.

·
Registered
19,287 Posts
A co worker of mine just lost his fuel system on his 6.7, the mech said the tank had bad fuel in it that caused the pump to fail at just over 64k miles repair cost quoted was $8100.
Pretty common problem with them.

We call them disaster kits at work.

Where do you guys live?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Will there ever be a complete recall on these? I see several class actions but those are just BS...……... seriously considering the CP3 convert. I can't imagine loosing the pump in heavy traffic or on a mountain road.
=======================================
I agree about having a fear my CP-4 will be naughty at a bad time and/or place ( or both ) I am getting physically ill thinking about the thing "going south" while towing 11,000 lbs of three axle trailer and our cabin cruiser on U.S. 89 right at "the gap" coming into Lake Powell from the south...….. No longer "considering" the CP3 convert - now just trying to get an idea of how bad this will ruin my budget.

As for legal responsibility - don't write off those class-action suits just yet. Some with less merit have won big time. Anyone following these legal actions in detail ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone lost a CP4 that was running a lift pump and additives?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts