Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500hd Diesel LTZ
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the factory remote located under the hood on my 2016 2500hd diesel truck? Is there a fuse related to this feature? I followed the remote instructions to press lock once then press and hold the Remote start - the lights blink once and it doesn’t start. I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to get it to work with the key fob or my Chevy app. No codes stored or issues on the dash. Help please.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Where is the factory remote located under the hood on my 2016 2500hd diesel truck? Is there a fuse related to this feature? I followed the remote instructions to press lock once then press and hold the Remote start - the lights blink once and it doesn’t start. I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to get it to work with the key fob or my Chevy app. No codes stored or issues on the dash. Help please.
Make sure it’s turned on in the personalization settings in the infortainment system.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Gonna need to go into ecm rvs disable history data with a GM scan tool then, most likely.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
What about using an obdII scan tool? Onstar also tells me there are no stored codes or current codes.
Disable history data isn’t a “code”. It’s actual stored data that would point towards what is telling the ecm to not remote start. It can only be had with a high end or GM scan tool.

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500hd Diesel LTZ
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disable history data isn’t a “code”. It’s actual stored data that would point towards what is telling the ecm to not remote start. It can only be had with a high end or GM scan tool.
Thank you for the information. The dealership should tell it like this and not just say we can hook it up to our diagnostic and it cost you $108.00 before fixing it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
hood must be closed, check latch adjustment. 4 way flashers must be off, check engine light must be off, clear any codes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts