Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a FASS 150 Titanium for my 2016 LML. Was gonna install it and noticed it was a little different that any of the older trucks Ive done. Looks like they are not returning fuel back into the filler neck anymore? Do i have to drop the tank down and install the parts they send with the pump? I'd just rather not have to cut a hole in the tank of my new truck...

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
For some reason FASS does not supply the fuel filler hose in the kits for the 15 & 16 trucks. Instead of that they supply a fitting to mount on the top of your tank.

Might be easier to unbolt the bed and remove it than to drop the tank.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The return line ties into your factory suction line and pressure line to the factory line to the Cp4, I have had the fass 150 for 10 months on my 16, if I could say anything its order a sump!! Using the draw straw causes gurgling, G & R makes a sump with a built in return or XDP makes a sump with a return as well!!! Spend the 190$ and order one! The you can just cap off your factory 1/2" suction line and boom your set!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
You can use the factory return line at the tank though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you did that, wouldn't the LP and the CP4 be competing with one another from the "T" back to the tank?

It seems one would overcome the other and you would get back pressure on one pump or the other. That does not sound like a good scenario to me.

It seems like a better idea to use what the manufacturer of the LP engineered specifically for that vehicle. I believe they probably know more about their products than I do.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just order a feller neck return for an old model. Pretty simple. I would 100% recommend using a sump and not the draw straw. Thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
What about using some of these new sump designs that have a return port built right into them?
That may work but Im not a fan of boring a large hole in the bottom of my fuel tank.

It may be necessary with a 150 to solve the dreaded 1/4 tank issue. That is one reason I got a FASS 95, which does not seem tocause that problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts