Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have recently got back into the Duramax game (about 4 years ago :ROFLMAO:) from having a slightly modified LB7. I told myself i was not going to delete the LML and leave it stock but i think we all know how that goes. Anyways i have about 75K on the truck and i was telling myself i would wait until at least 100K if i was going to delete it ever. Well ive been hearing from other buddies who own diesels that the EPA/Government is going to start really cracking down on the deletes and i should go ahead and get it deleted before the government puts a stop to this.

Basically asking what everyone else is hearing about EPA cracking down as if they will be able to stop every diesel mechanic to no longer be able to delete these trucks.

thanks for the insight in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bummer. So it is impossible or nearly impossible for me to delete my 2016 now? it may have been a year since my last friend got his duramax deleted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
U can do it u just have to search a little make some calls I did it last week with no problem he’ll I got a exhaust in the states and when buying it the dealer ask me if I was interested in his tuning. I said I am doing a full delete thought u couldn’t do that. any more guy just started laughing 😆 so it is still very available

Reactions: Gwill30

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just deleted mine last week as well. Have about 200 miles on it and I cant decide what i like more, the sound, the power/torque or the 21 MPG so far.(Street tune)
Pieces are still out there to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad to get some positive feedback. I was concerned that i was not going to be able to delete it. Just made me realize how bad i really wanted to get it done once i heard i may not be able too. I made some phone calls over the weekend and had everything ordered. Just curious if you guys did a lift pump (FASS or Airdog) as well when deleting it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm glad to get some positive feedback. I was concerned that i was not going to be able to delete it. Just made me realize how bad i really wanted to get it done once i heard i may not be able too. I made some phone calls over the weekend and had everything ordered. Just curious if you guys did a lift pump (FASS or Airdog) as well when deleting it?
I did an air dog a month or so back.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
A lift pump with filter system is a good idea. IMO

·
Registered
754 Posts
I used to have a 2011 3500, sold it 5 or 6 years ago and just recently bought a 2016 Denali. Don't know why everybody is saying "YoU Can'T dEleTe aNyMoRe!!!", took me about 15 minutes of hard interwebz searching to find and purchase a SOTF delete and tune kit.

I think a lot of old timers expect to just hop on Amazon or some other PUBLIC FORUM PAGE and purchase grey/black market items??? Do a little digging and understand that the game has changed. A lot of these places are now setting up shell companies as "distributors", then closing the doors after a certain amount of time and "finding a new distributor". Little bit of patience and a lot of research will get you what you are after.

A very, very ,very close friend of mine just purchased and installed a 200HP full delete and EGR removal kit this week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to have a 2011 3500, sold it 5 or 6 years ago and just recently bought a 2016 Denali. Don't know why everybody is saying "YoU Can'T dEleTe aNyMoRe!!!", took me about 15 minutes of hard interwebz searching to find and purchase a SOTF delete and tune kit.

I think a lot of old timers expect to just hop on Amazon or some other PUBLIC FORUM PAGE and purchase grey/black market items??? Do a little digging and understand that the game has changed. A lot of these places are now setting up shell companies as "distributors", then closing the doors after a certain amount of time and "finding a new distributor". Little bit of patience and a lot of research will get you what you are after.

A very, very ,very close friend of mine just purchased and installed a 200HP full delete and EGR removal kit this week.

Still loving mine.
I didnt get the trans tune so that will be next.
I've had it on the street tune the whole time..
The sound never gets old that is for sure..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Imo tcm is a must made a big difference

·
Registered
71 Posts

Knocks the "old timers" about Amazon and PUBLIC FORUM PAGE and then posts info on a public forum. You can't make this up....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just added tcm running. Goes into lock up a little earlier but outside that I havent noticed anything else. Tuner did tell me the tune was mainly for wot.

Who did you use for trans tuning and what was noticeable about it?
I used motor ops the shift are harder imo I see a little less TC lockup I can get in high gear with out a lockup hold a gear a little longer to jmo

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used motor ops the shift are harder imo I see a little less TC lockup I can get in high gear with out a lockup hold a gear a little longer to jmo
I'll have to give them a try. At first I thought the trans shifted softer so I loaded the stock tune back in and I was wrong.

Are you using motor ops street or econ tune and how do you like it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts