Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into deleting my 2016 GMC 2500 Duramax and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions or comments. I'm planning on ordering a 4 or 5-inch straight pipe exhaust and GDP tunes on an EZ Lynk device. Would this process be as simple as taking the truck to a muffler shop and having them install the new exhaust and once they finish roll the truck into the parking lot and install the tuner?
Also, the two sites I have found that seem to be knowledgeable about this stuff have contact numbers from Jamaica and the Cayman Islands so I'm kinda sketched out. Below are the two websites that seem to have what I'm looking for.

· Registered
7,493 Posts
Modifying your exhaust can cause problems with the EPA; many shops won't work on your truck because they don't want problems with the EPA. You will also need a tune if you eliminate DOC, DPF, etc. That brings up the cost considerably.

Reactions: WaldropDMax

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Modifying your exhaust can cause problems with the EPA; many shops won't work on your truck because they don't want problems with the EPA. You will also need a tune if you eliminate DOC, DPF, etc. That brings up the cost considerably.
Thanks Ron. I'm aware of the possible problems with the EPA but I guess my question is where is the best place to purchase the parts (straight pipe exhaust and tuner). I have a few shops in my area that wouldn't have a problem with installing.

· Premium Member
5,304 Posts
If you know shops who will do such an install Id look them to source the parts for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.