Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 lml duramax vibrates whenever im in drive and stopped it did it for a week then stopped for a month and now started back up again the vibration is coming from under the front of the cab

·
Registered
72 Posts
Exhaust hitting a crossmember can sound and/or feel like someone is hitting the frame with a hammer or it can sound like a rattle. An exhaust leak can cause a vibration as the exhaust pulses bounce of the firewall. If your truck is deleted(EGR cooler removed) it is possible that the passenger side up pipe flex joint is ruptured.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust hitting a crossmember can sound and/or feel like someone is hitting the frame with a hammer or it can sound like a rattle. An exhaust leak can cause a vibration as the exhaust pulses bounce of the firewall. If your truck is deleted(EGR cooler removed) it is possible that the passenger side up pipe flex joint is ruptured.
Truck is deleted and the up pipe is modified flex joint is cut and welded and the exhaust is not hitting anything it only does it in drive at a stop i can be in reverse park ir neutral and it doesnt vibrate at all

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like the engine is moving and allowing something to touch the body or the frame. Possible bad driver side engine mount. If you power brake it in drive and the engine rotates towards the passenger side then the driver side mount is broken. Very common issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like the engine is moving and allowing something to touch the body or the frame. Possible bad driver side engine mount. If you power brake it in drive and the engine rotates towards the passenger side then the driver side mount is broken. Very common issue.
By power brake do u mean engine break and it doesnt happen when im moving only when im stopped and it doesnt do it on acceleration or when cold

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update it did it in park while on a hill and i was able to get out and hear it and its coming from under the bed and vibrates the whole bed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts