Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guy I’m lookin at getting into a 2016 with low mileage.. I know about the whole cp3 swap which I’m guessing would need an airdog behind it. Is there any other add on that I’d need that I should know about? Of coarse I’m planning on tuning and deleting it (not sure who I’m going to go through) but any input on the lml?? Is it going to go into limp mode if I throw a decent tune in it or can they handle some power? I’ve had a lly and a lbz and I’ve loved them besides the limp mode bs. I switched to the dark side and got a 6.7 power stroke but it should be gone here soon. I’ve had no real problems with it besides the normal ford bs stuff.. truck runs great and hauls, can I expect that out of the lml?? Any input would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
From my understanding the LML won't go into limp mode like the previous yr model trucks would, the trans will just keep gettin slower n slower. If mine aint limped yet i dont think it ever will LOL. On my maxx effort tune I'd say im around 650 maybe a little less and my trans is struggling hard. Next thing I do to the truck is going to be a trans. I also sold my 13 6.7 and got a 16 denali 2500. The only complaint I have going from the powerstroke to the duramax is the trans (once the power was added), stock form the Allison was heavenly. Other than that i love the truck. You are on the right track with the CP3 conversion tho, I'd get a CP3 sportsman pump and a lift pump.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my understanding the LML won't go into limp mode like the previous yr model trucks would, the trans will just keep gettin slower n slower. If mine aint limped yet i dont think it ever will LOL. On my maxx effort tune I'd say im around 650 maybe a little less and my trans is struggling hard. Next thing I do to the truck is going to be a trans. I also sold my 13 6.7 and got a 16 denali 2500. The only complaint I have going from the powerstroke to the duramax is the trans (once the power was added), stock form the Allison was heavenly. Other than that i love the truck. You are on the right track with the CP3 conversion tho, I'd get a CP3 sportsman pump and a lift pump.

What do you mean the trans just get slower and slower?

·
Registered
782 Posts
What do you mean the trans just get slower and slower?
The shifts. Daily driving the trans hasn't skipped a beat, but once you get on it struggles to shift. For instance ill just be cruising down the interstate or highway in 6th and ill give it a little throttle to drop into 5th then get on it and the rpms will jump obviously but then it'll just stay there and not want to shift into 6th.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Cody is spot on. The lml transmissions wont usually limp. They just keep pulling power until it stops detecting slippage.
Codys transmission detects ALOT of slippage:rofl
My personal lml made mid 500s for over 3 years on the stock transmission and was beat on real hard like ;) It handled a s475/87/1.0 single,10mm and 45 overs for quite awhile too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts