Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck locked the doors while running and keys in the ignition. Remote start, unlock doors with fob, put keys in the ignition, turn key to start position, close doors to get something from the house, return to find the truck locked itself with keys in the ignition and running. Does not stop running until locksmith shows up after 3 hours and I turn the truck off. is this supposed to happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the GMC phone app, you could unlock it. Onstar service also could unlock it.
Thanks! I'll look into the app but called OnStar and they said the only way to connect and unlock was by pressing the OnStar button inside the truck. Maybe because we're not a subscriber.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I locked my 3 year old in my truck. I thought great I will call onstar and have them unlock the door. They refused because I didn't pay for the subscription. luckily my son hit the unlock button just as I was ready to break a window.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I had a spare key made to open my door in just such a circumstance. It will open the doors, but not start the truck. no plastic parts, no transponder, etc, just a metal key. I keep it in my wallet, so wherever I am, the key is also there.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
To answer the OP’s question, I’m pretty sure that isn’t suppose to happen. What are your lock personalization settings currently at?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
My 04 did that last year while fueling with my 24 gooseneck behind me. I changed the settings about 4 years ago and never had a problem...until then. It has done it a couple of times in the next month, but not since. I keep a spare in my pocket all the time now. I'm good unless someone steals my pants.

Reactions: shotgunwillie69

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had my truck running with the window down and unlocked the other day. It locked on its own. It did it again running doors shut windows up. I sub to onstar so I remotely unlocked it via my phone. It has only done this twice since I have had it. 3 years or so. It is a little quirky. The temp display on the radio is never correct. It can be 80 degrees and it will show some odd number like 37 degrees. The cts gauge is usually correct. I have that on ambient air temp and intake air temp. Driving down the road for any length of time it is only 10 degrees off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like GM has a problem with their electronic stuff. Glad our truck is older and doesn't have all that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
“MONstar”. I wanted a truck without but not an option.. there are lots of “gotchas” when you are “serviced” by them. The maps and turN, turn turn turn turn before you leave the parking lot ... or if you are NOT in Verizon service, no bueno

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a friend have the same thing happen to his wife. Doors locked, truck running and 2 year old in the back seat. She called onstar but they said there was nothing they could do because they didn’t have the service....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well there is a method to their madness as the old saying goes. The more stuff they put on these vehicles, cars included, the more services you have to pay for and the more electronics, the more there is to go wrong. Technology can be so tricky. Our new Honda CR-V has the lane avoidance system, the collision avoidance system and already they had to do an update on the software, because the display screen would go off and on and you couldn't even see the controls with it off. I bought an extended warranty on the electronics for that reason, something we rarely do on cars.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
With the GM app do you still have to purchase a subscription from Onstar for it to work?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts