Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The truck locked the doors while running and keys in the ignition. Remote start, unlock doors with fob, put keys in the ignition, turn key to start position, close doors to get something from the house, return to find the truck locked itself with keys in the ignition and running. Does not stop running until locksmith shows up after 3 hours and I turn the truck off. is this supposed to happen?
YES!

Check your settings for when your doors lock. Your truck thought that you were ready to go! Remote start, remote unlock, keys in ignition, turned to "Run" position, and closed the door. Truck said, "Let's Go!" See if you can sett it to lock the doors after 5 MPH.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Yes. That satellite in space has to be paid for somehow.
My app worked on my 2017, with no subscription until I turned it back in on it’s lease, earlier this month. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
200 Posts
Our 2016 still works from the phone too and we don't subscribe to OnStar.

Reactions: DOCMC88

·
Registered
2 Posts
Onstar changed the rules in 2018 I believe. You have to pay for remote services now. I think I remember reading 2018 was the last year it was included or the first year you had to pay. Regardless, it's not included anymore with newer vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I locked my 3 year old in my truck. I thought great I will call onstar and have them unlock the door. They refused because I didn't pay for the subscription. luckily my son hit the unlock button just as I was ready to break a window.
My response would have been, "Anything happens to my child because of your refusal, and you'll be hearing from my attorney. Oh, and the entire world will hear about it via FB, IG and every media outlet I can contact."

Lyle

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would bet they have been given every meaning and excuse possible in trying to get OnStar to unlock a vehicle. Can't blame the company for their policy. Heck if they started doing this how many people would subscribe to the service?
Not sticking up for them just giving an explanation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The truck locked the doors while running and keys in the ignition. Remote start, unlock doors with fob, put keys in the ignition, turn key to start position, close doors to get something from the house, return to find the truck locked itself with keys in the ignition and running. Does not stop running until locksmith shows up after 3 hours and I turn the truck off. is this supposed to happen?
Here's one. My 2011 door locks go on and off rather key is in it or not but not while its running.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Here's one. My 2011 door locks go on and off rather key is in it or not but not while its running.
Are you saying that engine off, key all the way into the ignition lock cylinder (chime is on if the drivers door is open), that the drivers door will lock if you use the door lock button or key fob to lock the doors? It should lock and then unlock, in that situation.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Yes. That satellite in space has to be paid for somehow.
I had a friend that could still use the key fob portion of the app after his subscription ran out. I was wondering if that was a fluke or had others had the same experience?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you saying that engine off, key all the way into the ignition lock cylinder (chime is on if the drivers door is open), that the drivers door will lock if you use the door lock button or key fob to lock the doors? It should lock and then unlock, in that situation.
No key ignition. Key and Fob can be in the house or anywhere and you can here the lock go back and forth at times. Kinda spooky

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
No key ignition. Key and Fob can be in the house or anywhere and you can here the lock go back and forth at times. Kinda spooky
Hmm. All of the locks or just one door? Does it only happen if the truck is parked in one particular place? For instance, say it only happens if the truck is parked in your garage? I thought it locked with the keys in it and it was running.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmm. All of the locks or just one door? Does it only happen if the truck is parked in one particular place? For instance, say it only happens if the truck is parked in your garage? I thought it locked with the keys in it and it was running.
Its crazy. parked anywhere. It don't lock. you can just here it "ch-ch-ch-ch"

21 - 34 of 34 Posts