Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 90% sure I have seen a post on this site about doing a 1500 headlight swap but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. I’ve done the forum search and the custom google search on this site, as well as a YouTube and google search and have only found info on the GMC 1500 Denali headlight swap.

Has anyone here replaced the headlights on their Silverado with the 1500 headlights (with the LED DRL’s) or know of a thread with info on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe some pictures will help. Does anyone know if this headlight:

Is a direct replacement for the headlight on my 2019 2500 that looks like the one pictured below.

If any modifications are needed, is there a thread on here that outlines what is needed to make it work?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the complaints about the stock projector headlights and no one has tried this swap?

If anyone has done this, knows someone that has done this, has tried it and it didn’t work, knows of a thread with info about it, or any other info that might help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought this song was fitting considering the overwhelming number of responses...

Reactions: Ron505

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I’m not sure if you can do that swap or not, but I upgraded my projectors and put hid bulbs in. Big difference.

Reactions: 2THE9S

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Only 1500/2500 LED headlight swap I recall was moving Sierra 1500 LEDs to 2500.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only 1500/2500 LED headlight swap I recall was moving Sierra 1500 LEDs to 2500.
I saw a thread on the GMC headlights. There is an adaptor harness the plugs inline between the factory 2500 harness and the 1500 headlights. I’m guessing that will be needed for the Silverado as well, provided the 1500 housing fits 2500. That is the part I’m not sure about.

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to hear echos in this thread. :grin2:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m not sure if you can do that swap or not, but I upgraded my projectors and put hid bulbs in. Big difference.
I was thinking about swapping the bulbs over to HID or LED, but I really like the look of the 1500 Silverado headlights. Would rather do the housing swap if it will fit the truck. There are some differences in the grill and bumper between the 1500 and 2500. Not sure if that has any effect on the headlight housings or not.

Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: CDmax16

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I went with Heartland LEDs in all 3 locations (Low/High/Fog) and LOVE them - yes, you don't get the cool LED strip DRL... but the brightness improvement is significant and well worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts