Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching around for pics of Bull Bars on the 17+ MY and can't seem to find much. Looking for some pics if anyone has some before I order one. Ideally I want one that doesn't stick out too far like some of them do. Any recommendations are appreciated. TIA

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Sub to this one

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am in on this one too with a 2016. Also if anyone has had issues with any of the sensors on the front with a bull bar?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I little off topic but I had a buddy do this so he could get a light bar in as he wanted a bull bar but didn’t want to loose the look of his all paint front end with a bull bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got in a fender bender with my stock very weak chrome bumper so I upgraded to this, it does stick out farther then I'd like but they all did unless you went with a much thinner steel bumper. From the front and 1/4 angle it looks great I think but the side is where you notice it sits out to far. It seems all the manufactures build one bumper for winch or no winch but they don't change the dimensions for no winch.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I little off topic but I had a buddy do this so he could get a light bar in as he wanted a bull bar but didn’t want to loose the look of his all paint front end with a bull bar.
Nice set up! How much of a PIA was it to do? I am up in Canada as well and my main purpose of wanting a bull bar is to mount a light bar on it (the extra protection doesn't hurt either) I thought about doing a behind the grill light bar but its no good in the winter with the winter front covering the grill.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Nice set up! How much of a PIA was it to do? I am up in Canada as well and my main purpose of wanting a bull bar is to mount a light bar on it (the extra protection doesn't hurt either) I thought about doing a behind the grill light bar but its no good in the winter with the winter front covering the grill.
Yes I have though about the behind grille also but with the cold CAN winter we always have the winter front cover on and winter is when it is dark the longest in a day so scratch that idea. Lol. My buddy’s neighbor hit is original bumper with his camper so my buddy found a new take off bumper and used a die grinder and just basically cut out the middle portion where that plastic filler part was then took it in to the body shop get painted they sanded it all up nice as they have to anyways and he mounted the light in time the bumper off and put bumper on he said it was not hard at all. He is away working right now when he gets home I told him to send me some more pics of them and where he moves his 2 parking sensors as he did move them and put them in a different location.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I am in the process of doing this bumper mod as well same my buddy did. Got the 40” curved light bar already just waiting for my new number to show up. I tagged a deer couple weeks ago so ordered new bumper cut it open and then take to body shop for paint once all done will get my light in there and wired!!! Should be able to see those deer after that lol.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Well got my 40” curves light bar mod all done!!! Turned out pretty good I must say. Love it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Is it for show? Light that bitch up! Let's see the candle power, eh.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Is it for show? Light that bitch up! Let's see the candle power, eh.
I will put some light up pics tomorrow on. I haven’t got the wiring done all the way and the switch in going to get that done tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Nice. I just noticed the winter cover. First time I've seen a Chevy with the winter cover. A little different than the GMC which covers the entire grille. On my '15 anyway.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Ya she is cold up here in Alberta was -42 with wind this morning and same again tonight

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
F-F-F-FUK that!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ali arc aluminum bull bar from Canada, it even has two tabs for some fancy lights and accommodations for air flow to the intercooler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A lot of folks run the ranch hand bull bars around here but they are heavy and rust.
I have aluminum bull bars on both my work rigs and my wife’s work rig. I have about 6000$ invested in all three of these. The average cost for a deer strike on any one of them would eclipse that. More importantly I want safety and zero downtime for my business.

2015 Ford transit with Three inch main hoop bull bar from Australia. This thing would probably take down an elk. It’s airbag compliant and crash tested per Australian standards.

2018 f150 with Ali arc bull bar, any deer steps out in front of my wife and its gonna die

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
All wires in and switch installed will post up night pics tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well got my 40” curves light bar mod all done!!! Turned out pretty good I must say. Love it

Super Clean! Ive seen a lot of these installs and it seems like hacks installed them. You is done right, with clean cuts. Nice Job!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Ok so first is with just headlights all on and second is just light bar on. Pictures really don’t do the justice that this thing lights up it is amazing!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts