Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the last few weeks, when I start the truck and let it warm up for a minute, it drops into neutral then slams into gear after about a second or two after pulling away. It finally threw a CEL so I made an appt at dealer. I had previously had it in but no codes, so no answers. Well of course the CEL was out the next day for service appt. Tech couldn't recreate issue, so I left it there for the night so they could see it first thing in the AM. The next morning I get a call from service saying no issues, lol. I pick up the truck and the very next 3 days in a row, it drops out and in again!!!!!! Im also having the shuddering issues when between gears as others have said. They also said that my fluid was down 1/3 litre and that might cause these issues lol. Biggest problem is this is the only dealer for 200 miles haha. I made a video im going to try and upload showing it happen!!!!!! sent it to dealer, waiting to hear back.

Does anyone think I have bigger issues and should call GM to get some satisfaction? Its such a gross sound when it drops into gear. Theres no way this tranny can take that abuse and last any amount of time. I only have 20k miles on it so I have good warranty left but what about after the warranty if they don't figure it out?

thx in advance

·
Registered
121 Posts
i would advice just buying a cheap scan tool from autozone or w.e. and pull the CEL when it comes on. If the dealer does not have a code or cant replicate the problem they will not do anything to fix it

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I'm assuming the fluid was brought up to their spec. Fluid being down 1/3 liter in fluid isn't likely the problem because if that was truly the problem, adding 1/3 liter fluid would fix the problem, and it didn't. Tell us more about starting your truck when you have this problem. Start and immediately put in gear vs start wait 1 minute, then put in gear, etc. Do you have the problem only when cold start? Only have problem in wet weather? Every start, or just sometimes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts