Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Just wanted to share my experience, went on a trip last week pulling a 5r to SC got agout 300 miles into trip when I started getting messages DEF system. I had filled it before leaving home,but I stopped and bought more and put it in,no change light still on. Now I start getting messages saying speed limited to 65, 55 in 60 miles,Stopped at a chevy dealership in Paducah,Il explained my situation, traveling with the wife 5r in tow. They tell me they charge $165.00 to diagnose problems,and to unhook the trailer and bring the truck in,they write up the work order and after about 30 minutes while were waiting they come back and tell me their guy can't work on it he's too busy,I asked them if they could find another dealership that could help us,and they called several ,but no one would take us in.So we rehooked up and back on the interstate,now I can only go 55 ,and in 60 miles it says speed will be reduced to 5. We ane now in panic mode not familiar with the area we are in don't know where to get help,its a Friday around 2 pm.I knew we couldent continue and go into a 5 mph speed so we exit and theres a pilot travel center,we are in eddyville,KY. Igot my phone out and did a search of auto repair shops,I found one about 6 miles away Clarks auto repair, and he was nice enough to take a look,turns out he found the problem in about a hour Nox sensor #2 not communicating,now it's 4pm it will take until Tuesday to get the part our Vacation is trashed. Part came in on Tuesday and he got us back on the road. Clarks auto repair. is a great shop if your ever needing help in that area.There was a rv park close by we just happened to see from the road, and thats where we stayed.Just wanted to share sorry it was so long

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,157 Posts
Do not apologize for sharing your experience with a good mechanic! Sorry your vacation was ruined, but glad you were able to get fixed up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Doh. Thanks for sharing. Dealerships just dont carry enough parts nowadays compared to the old days! Glad you got it figured out as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts