Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post. The question is, has anyone had their rear window shatter on its own? I have a 2017 GMC 3500 Denali. The other day I used the remote start to warm up the truck and when I came out the rear window had shattered and blew out towards the bed so I know it wasn't any kid that did it. Is there a known problem with this and or any recall?

·
Super Moderator
1,278 Posts
Was the truck outside and if so, how cold was the overnight temp?

·
Registered
2022 Sierra AT4HD L5P
8 Posts
Yes... just went through this. I called GM Customer Care (1-877-558-8352 this was the number I called and I'm in Canada)to lodge a complaint. GM covered all costs of replacement. So in my case since the rear slider had tint applied the glass stayed in place, took pictures (they look to see the pattern to see if there was an impact) and sent them to my dealer and provided them the GM Ref # for my complaint and had it fixed.
As well did you have the rear defog recall performed, they will want to know. I did.
So I was calm on the phone, stated what happened, so make sure you have your details straight and let them know how long you have been a customer...I included that and not sure if it helped but sure was better than paying the $1500 + install+13% in Canadian $$$ or an insurance claim.

So I too remote started the truck (2015 2500 CC SB) I was in the drivers seat when the passenger rear door was opened and heard the pop. The fixed panel on that side shattered.

Good Luck. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts