Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those folks who may have the check engine light come on and following code comes up: P026D I want to let you know that for me it was the MAP sensor being dirty. It has happened twice in the last few months and I have been able to clear the code by cleaning the sensor. I looked up the code on line and could not really find a solution or clear explanation. I am not sure what the reason is for the sensor getting dirty so soon again after the first cleaning which was about 3 months ago but I just wanted to post this to try to help out. My truck has 64K miles and I am the only owner so far. Anyway hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
what kind of air filters are you using?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those folks who may have the check engine light come on and following code comes up: P026D I want to let you know that for me it was the MAP sensor being dirty. It has happened twice in the last few months and I have been able to clear the code by cleaning the sensor. I looked up the code on line and could not really find a solution or clear explanation. I am not sure what the reason is for the sensor getting dirty so soon again after the first cleaning which was about 3 months ago but I just wanted to post this to try to help out. My truck has 64K miles and I am the only owner so far. Anyway hope this helps.
Just had the same problem. P026D popped up. Pulled my sensor, it was so full with black soot it wasn't sensing anything.i hit it with some contact cleaner and ran it for about an HR. No more check engine light. Not sure how it got that nasty

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Denali HD, had the P026d code come up with the check engine light, its been at the dealership for the past 3 weeks waiting on a fuel tank because they are saying it collapsed. From everything I've been reading I don't see where this is going to cause or fix my problem. Anyone else had any issues with the fuel tank collapsing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Denali HD, had the P026d code come up with the check engine light, its been at the dealership for the past 3 weeks waiting on a fuel tank because they are saying it collapsed. From everything I've been reading I don't see where this is going to cause or fix my problem. Anyone else had any issues with the fuel tank collapsing?
THERE IS A SERVICE BUELLTIN FOR THIS TANK ISSUE RELATED TO THAT CODE ALSO. THE REMEDY IS TO REPLACE TANK ALONG WITH A NEW FUEL PUMP UNIT AND NEW DESIGNED VENT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had the same P026D code for weeks now. They've changed the Nox sensor and did the injection pump recall.I'm cleaning the MAP sensor once a week...! Light will return every 3-4 days. Dealer tells me its my S&B CAI making throwing the code....LMAO!

Any other ideas, I'm at a LOSS????

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2017 Chevy Duramax is/was going through the same thing. They tried the NOX1 and NOX2. I cleaned the MAP, they tested the MAP as OK. They settled on some mildly goofy readings from the MAF. Chevy replaced the MAF under warranty (truck went in service Aug 2018). Both P026D and P026D pending are gone. But its only been 3-4 trips totaling ~ 100 miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Doc I.D. is 4535460 (I guess this is the Chevy technical bulletin number). I will post if the code comes back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The code came back today, LOL. Chevy wants to try again Tuesday. I'm looking at it from the bright side, if they keep guessing at sensors, I may end up with all new sensors before its fixed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
18 GMC same problem. Replaced MAF and MIT sensors. P026D persists but no CEL...yet. Says its a permanent code.
Also, bought new GM MAF sensor from other source and got a P0102 code. Paid big money and bought dealer version and code went away. FYI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never heard of an MIT sensor and can't find one on a parts website?

Who says its a permanent code? What does that mean? CEL forever?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I saw your other post on the topic and realized you were talking about the intake temp sensor. So, when you say permanent you mean, not pending, I get it.

I am not a truck/diesel expert, but this is what I am starting to think. There is nothing wrong with these trucks, that is why they cannot be fixed. The problem arises from the N192273630 DPF Regeneration recall that reprogrammed the ECM and TCM. This software update is flawed and causing the truck to throw codes when nothing is wrong. Maybe what we need is too go back to the old software 🧦

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I saw your other post on the topic and realized you were talking about the intake temp sensor. So, when you say permanent you mean, not pending, I get it.

I am not a truck/diesel expert, but this is what I am starting to think. There is nothing wrong with these trucks, that is why they cannot be fixed. The problem arises from the N192273630 DPF Regeneration recall that reprogrammed the ECM and TCM. This software update is flawed and causing the truck to throw codes when nothing is wrong. Maybe what we need is too go back to the old software 🧦
Actually my CEL issue started before the reflash. I eas

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually my CEL issue started before the reflash. I was hoping the reflash would solve it. Im curious on the tank issue / venting. Im planning to do a visual exam . With the factory emissions out at 50k im not real anxious to take it to the dealer. They knew what they were doing cutting it in half

[/QUOTE

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now heres a twist....i cleaned inlet temp sensor again , reset CEL and loosened fuel cap.
All codes gone! U tell me.......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts