Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
After my last posts, I took the truck out in the country and opened it up 5 or 6 times. The CEL went away on its own and stayed away for a week. But then it came back. Chevy did 18-NA-361 under warranty, you can find it online. It relates to particulates in the fuel filter housing. They clean the housing, replace the filter and flush the fuel supply lines ( supposed to be 2-3 gallons). This one is a little scary to me. The document mentions metal in the housing from manufacture or a clogged fuel tank vent as the cause of the particulates.

Chevy said if the particulates got past the filter into the injectors or engine the codes would have been P0171 (fuel lean), P0172 (fuel rich) or the dreaded P0300 (engine misfire).

Anyways, I think they are on to something. I hooked my code reader up on the drive home. I got P026D pending (no CEL) almost immediately and cleared it. P026D pending (no CEL) came back almost immediately, I cleared it. P026D pending (no CEL) came back almost immediately, I did not clear it and drove home, about 7 miles all together. The point is, it used to take many miles before P026D pending showed, so whatever they did, maybe they did not do it enough, but it seems to have triggered the condition. I think I read somewhere it takes 17 consecutive seconds of P026D pending to get a P026D and CEL.

The struggle is real and the saga continues. I really like this truck, but part of me thinks I would have been better of keeping my 98 Dodge.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got the same one on my 18. I thought it was related to the MAF sensor BUT I loosened my fuel cap and the code remains pending with no CEL. This comes from another thread about the tank vent being plugged. Another issue I have is the electonic brake controller canbus A offline / no com and canbus b offline / no com.
Im still digging. Wish i had my LML back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is funny. I have an aftermarket brake controller and it recently started giving the E.r code for system failure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No CEL yet. The P026D pending went away also. Maybe the fuel filter housing/fuel line flush/clean was the trick.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts