Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New to the group. just bought my first GM product. 2017 Chevy 3500 LTZ. i am looking at all of the options and it seems that it is very limited. which is fine. i have found that the Banks Derringer seems to have the best reviews, the question i have is... has anyone ran an OBDII splitter with an alarm and a tuner running together? the truck i bought has a KARR alarm system on it and it plugs directly into the OBDII plug. just want to see if i can even make it work and keep the alarm it has on it or if i would have to pick one. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not exactly the answer you asked for, but I ran a ODBII splitter on my C5 Corvette for a few days and it created havoc with the car's electronics. It could be that one of the devices I had plugged in was responsible - I didn't take time to figure that out. I unplugged the splitter and things returned to normal. I can say that each device on it's own worked fine. I won't do that again!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hello, New to the group. just bought my first GM product. 2017 Chevy 3500 LTZ. i am looking at all of the options and it seems that it is very limited. which is fine. i have found that the Banks Derringer seems to have the best reviews, the question i have is... has anyone ran an OBDII splitter with an alarm and a tuner running together? the truck i bought has a KARR alarm system on it and it plugs directly into the OBDII plug. just want to see if i can even make it work and keep the alarm it has on it or if i would have to pick one. Thanks in advance!
Several guys on here run Amp electric side steps and a Derringer with a splitter and have had no issues. Then I heard of others experiencing issues running a Pedal Commander and a Derringer at the same time. And to make it even more unpredictable, others have stated they had no issues when they bought the splitter directly from Amp. This is why I am purchasing the PedalMonster from Banks when it releases the end of this month. Banks made sure it integrates with the Derringer therefore no worries on potential splitter communication issues. To be honest, it may be hard finding another person with a KARR and a Derringer hooked up they a splitter. However, if it was me, I would get the Derringer and dump the KARR alarm if it does not work. The Derringer is one of the best accessories I have added to my truck, especially with the iDash. Make sure to get the custom pod for the iDash from a Ben Ho if you purchase a Derringer w/ iDash. Wish I had a better answer on the splitter dilemma. Best of luck on more responses and welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts