Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been a while since I sold my lml now looking at l5p. I can get a new 2019 ltz for 58k otd or a better equipped 17 gmc slt with new bed wheels, new duratracs already leveled with 13k miles for 54k otd. Decisions decisions. The gmc has more factory options, The 19 will have more warranty. Just looking at other people’s opinions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bmf wheels not bed hahahah

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can you use the $$& saved in buying the older one to buy an extended warranty?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Note length will differ for used vs new.
So the monthly expense to drive could be more for the used '17 vs the new '19.

Unless it's an outright purchase...then, never mind. :howdy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both good points, yes extended warranty could be purchased. 5yr on both will not pay extra interest to get a 6yr note.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the aftermarket add ons on the 17gmc but it is 2yrs old. So saving the expense of wheels and tires is a big plus as well. All in all I think I would be out less $$$ by getting the 17. Just seems very odd to spend 50k on a two year old truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kentucky, I had an account on here as kybilly but haven’t used it in years and couldn’t remember the password

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Swear I remember hookem way back then. Think it was 2010 and I still had my lb7

·
Registered
525 Posts
I vote new truck.
I just got 60k trading my '18 with 24000 on it.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I was in a similar position, and opted for new.. Its new, lower interest rate.... I find ext warranties are a over priced joke... level kits are cheap enough and wheels can be added later... just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Get the new unless you know for sure what the PO did or didn't do to the old. AND if you do get new, don't buy the extended warranty and all the other BS the dealer's finance person tries to sell you. Is that the lowest OTD price they can go?

Reactions: NHfireDmax

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It only has 13 thousand miles, got them down to what I wanted on price.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Niiiiiice!! I'm assuming that's the "old"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes sir, it’s the 17

·
Registered
19 Posts
beautiful truck!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
To me, $4k is not enough difference to see any advantage to buying used over new but I typically keep my trucks for MANY miles and lately, that means MANY years. Took me 17+ years to hit 406k miles on this one where the last 2 hit 250k and 275k in only 5 years. I really see no advantage in saving $4k on a 2 y/o used truck vs. a brand new one.

Reactions: jdwarren
1 - 20 of 30 Posts