Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all set to start my 4" suspension lift install when the last part of an older planned project showed up. So I switched gears and decided to do my stereo upgrade before the lift. Probably a little easier at stock height anyway. Here's the sub box for 2 Kicker L7's (sealed) to go with the LMI 2.5" rear seat lift. Sitting right around 2.6 cuft internal space without the subs installed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rear seat outer side trim panels trimmed; no interference with the outer seat nuts when the seat is in the folded down position! tin snips with relief cuts, a 3" sanding disc and some finish hand sanding with emery cloth = gtg

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear pass door outer door skin templates I made for the stinger roadkill, I'll just flip them over for the drivers rear:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
inner rear door/roadkill using patterns:

outer rear door:

speaker baffle or whatever its called:

I didn't do full coverage because I wanted to keep it manageable and somewhat simple....hopefully this makes a difference. Going to do a little work on the door panel and call it good.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
What speakers are you going with in the doors?
And what are you powering the subs with?
I like the box. I have been getting stuff together to upgrade my system as well. Looking forward to see what you do.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What speakers are you going with in the doors?
And what are you powering the subs with?
I like the box. I have been getting stuff together to upgrade my system as well. Looking forward to see what you do.
I'll be using JBL speakers in the doors and Pioneer GM series amps to power the subs and speakers. Got the Kicker subs and JBL speakers for a great price last Xmas. Pioneer GM amps are nothing special but have been tested numerous times and shown to deliver advertised power. So in keeping with the budget theme that's what I went with.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
That MTI box might have blown the budget.😂

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That MTI box might have blown the budget.😂
Was $480 shipped with their 20% off special

Maybe I should have said "good bang for the buck" stereo install. My goal is to do a quality-ish install using what are probably considered middle of the row components/parts.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
They make a really nice box 👍🏻

Reactions: moregrip

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for the rear doors, instead of going with foam rings I'm going to try out these silicon rings. With the coaxial in place on the Scosche speaker adapter the outer edge sits just about flush to the factory foam ring......see pics below:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
driver rear door complete; just need to mount the speakers to the door and install the door panels back in:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts