Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I talked with him yesterday for a while and it turns out that we have a mutual friend. He was really cool and more than willing to answer my questions, so I pulled the trigger. Good to hear that he took care of you. Thanks for the info on the build time.
What was the issue? If you don’t mind me asking.
Are you getting a chance to work on your system?
The outer dimensions on the sub-box fit under the rear seat as perfectly as a box can, however, the top mount position would put the sub-woofer into the lower part of the seat. Essentially is was just built too tall, see pick below:

Haven't had much time this past week due to other obligations but I will get back at it as soon as I can!

Congrats again on your sub-box order; looking forward to seeing what design you came up with!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I did the up-firing, carpeted box just like yours. I asked for them to measure it out and see if we can recess 2 DC Audio Level 3 !0's.

Reactions: moregrip

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I did the up-firing, carpeted box just like yours. I asked for them to measure it out and see if we can recess 2 DC Audio Level 3 !0's.
there's definitely enough mounting real estate and looks like the top mount depth on those is the same as my L7's @ 6 1/4" but require less airspace @ .65 cuft.......I think you might just squeeze them in there. I roughly calculated the internal volume of the box in the pic above @ 2.6 cuft......obviously the new box will have less volume with a lower top mount position but you might just be ok!

Reactions: CDmax16

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
first time working with ABS sheet; stuff gets everywhere! Again, far from perfect but good enough for this application

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Is that the flat piece or did you decide to go vertical?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Because of the seat lift I have plenty of flat room underneath the seat; see mounting plan below:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
revised sub-box showed up today (woot-woot); recessed for full movement and no seat interference!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
revised sub-box showed up today (woot-woot); recessed for full movement and no seat interference!

Now they can get started on mine.😎

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I am really liking that recessed panel, I am going to call them tomorrow and make sure I get that done.
Did you have them put the subs close together to be able to add more?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I believe this sub box is a variation of their 4 sub-woofer box they had previously designed. BTW, I calculated internal volume right @ 2.1 cuft so you could comfortably/likely fit 3x your sub-woofer choice.

Here's a link/pic I grabbed from their gallery where I believe the design came from. No specific instructions from me as to sub-woofer placement; I let them them do the choosing on that one:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
just got back from a much needed vacation; back on the stereo install soon!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Glad you’re back, now back to work 😁.
I have ordered a few thing, figured out the rest of my system and bought an emblem for my sub box from a member on here. Not sure if I am going to simply mount it to the front, or mount it to some plexiglass add some leds and maybe a vinyl trim ring.
Grille Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Font

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
When you get a chance could you measure the height of your sub box at the front?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts