Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyonelse have this issue with the headlights fogging up? What did GM do about it to fix it? Truck is still under warranty . The passenger side is the worst as seen in the picture but the driver side also fogs up but not as bad as the passenger side

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could try re-seating the gaskets on the covers behind the lights, but I think your best bet is to just take it in under warranty. The passenger side in particular is a PITA to work on, you effectively have to remove the air intake to get to the lights. They will probably just replace both full headlight assemblies for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had my 17 in last year for this and they explained that its normal due to vents installed so they housing can let the heat out. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Wow I just installed LED's to all 6 bulbs hope they don't fog up !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine just fogged up, my local dealership has ordered the replacement housing and will replace when it comes in. They did this with out me even bringing in the the truck. 11300 miles now, bought new off the lot in Jan 2019.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
This is happening to our new Tahoe's at work. Dealer said it's normal. That's some BS right there.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I had my head lights pulled apart and had the amber reflectors replaced with clear ones. While I was installing them with the guy he mentioned that when he re-sealed them up he put in a silica gel pack in the back of them that comes in like shoes or whatever to help with moisture/ prevent fogging. If you're under warranty i would get them replaced at the dealership, but if you aren't this can be a DIY method to clear things up.

·
Registered
995 Posts
fogged up lights

Wow I just installed LED's to all 6 bulbs hope they don't fog up !!!
Well it is a pain but you better put stock bulbs back in if they do, you know the dealer will blame it on the bulbs?

Not related but they tell me no warning on DEF level is normal , all is NORMAL for most of these Clowns !! 'dunno;

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sounds like you need a different dealer.
Or at least a different service adviser.
same results 3 dealers, I will try a new one when time permits, I do believe its a unfortunate response. Your sooooo right! It's like the Def system is a forbidden subject :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts