Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the headlights on my 2019 2500 d max sucks not very bright have to drive with hi beams to see
my 2016 1500 headlights were great

·
Registered
995 Posts
chev or gmc?

what trims were each year?
wish these guys could be trained that a LML/LBZ/L5P ect are engine designations and year and make and model make a ton of difference ?
Not dissing anyone just fact ?
And yes 2019 Chev HD headlights are poor at best across the HD line

·
Registered
126 Posts
Headlights in my 2015.5 Denali were garbage too, I don't why GM wasn't installing LED lights in these high dollar trucks, really no reason or excuse for it. My truck had projectors so I just installed LED bulbs and that solved all my lighting issues, I can actually see going down the road at night. Your truck should have projector headlight housings as well, I would just swap some LED bulbs in.

If your truck doesn't have projectors I would not swap in LED's as the reflective housings can basically blind oncoming traffic, projectors have "height" cutoffs that prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Check out Headlight Revolution where they test different bulbs in actual headlight housings.

·
Registered
270 Posts
chevy LTZ Z71

Yeah unfortunately Chevy got halogens while GMC got HID’s. I totally lucked into it as when I bought my 2018 didn’t realize that both trucks didn’t come with HID’s. I always heard that GMC trucks were slightly better equipped but now know it first hand. There are upgrades for you though that can hopefully improve the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23 Posts
While not the headlights, I did replace my fog lights with LEDs and wholly cow! Huge difference in available light. The light reaches out and fills the dark areas between front of truck and where headlights just start to touch the ground, the best part is the amount of side cast light 👌 the LEDs really light up the road shoulder.
Alla Lighting 5200lm AL-R PS24W 5201 5202 LED Fog Lights Bulbs Extremely Super Bright 5201 5202 LED Bulb 6000K Xenon White PS19W PS24W 12085 DRL Replacement for Cars, Trucks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S6CYSR8/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_AHegEb44B5CW1

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
While everybody is here: 2018 GMC SLT 2500 with HIDs i think.... they suck! I don't want to string a harness across the radiator or anything like that either. Whats my best option?

TIA.

·
Registered
392 Posts
While everybody is here: 2018 GMC SLT 2500 with HIDs i think.... they suck! I don't want to string a harness across the radiator or anything like that either. Whats my best option?

TIA.
Maybe check out these Morimoto D5S replacement bulbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I swapped Hi/Low/Fogs for leds on my 2019 Chevy and love them. Only problem I have is any time I turn on the hi beams I get condensation in the housing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
270 Posts

TIA.

I have the same truck and not sure what the difference might be but mine are amazing. Way brighter than any vehicle I’ve ever owned. Strange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
28 Posts
Morimoto D5S

I have the same truck and not sure what the difference might be but mine are amazing. Way brighter than any vehicle I’ve ever owned. Strange?

Maybe, but my truck has given me a ration of sheet since purchase. The headlights were a mere irritant and a bit unsafe . There was simply no reflection off the road in the rain. Very hard to tell where you were in the lane.

Being said, we placed the order and got the Morimoto's head and fog. $535 delivered so its pricey. The headlamps are def much better but a real beach to get in and out. Left battery has to go and so does the air box. Fogs were a bit better short of buying the non marring tools......and I still did a little damage to the right fog housing. Total round trip took a few hours . I did find the insulation on the factory bulbs cracked also...hmmm

Job results get a 7 out of 10.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
did all 6 lights in LED's such a difference
have not been beamed once as they are in projectors with the cut off line
HEARTLAND's for headlites...
DIODE DYNAMICS for fogs ….

easy plug and play no need for mods to dust covers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not looking for HID, want LED for 2015 GMC
GTR, Supernova, Diode Dynamics. Headlight Revolution has a lot of videos testing different bulbs in actual headlight housings.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts