Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Didn’t you notice the dead pedal when you first drove it? Lol

Actually to me coming from a 2008 Ford F250 with 6.4 engine I’m very impressed with these trucks. Based on the 6.4 Fords you have no idea what a dead pedal actually is. By the way have you driven a new Cummings Powered RAM? They are god awful in factory form. Turbo Diesel engines are not designed and don’t perform like gas engines. I’ve had everything from Ford 7.3’s and 6.4’s to Cummins and now GMC diesels and this is about as good as it gets. The 6.6 Duramax is one of the most responsive Diesel engines you will ever own and all this with the new emission systems including a DPF filter. With these systems the OEM’s must retard fuel delivery so as not to overly contaminate the dpf filter. Basically when you mash the pedal the fuel system waits for turbo boost then delivers more fuel. With a turbo you also must wait on the turbo to spool up and compress all the air. Since most gas engines “especially V8’s” are not turbo charged nor require dpf systems they have little to no hesitation. But they also don’t effortlessly pull up to 30k either. Personally I think the current Ford 6.7 has the best OEM throttle response but it’s not a huge improvement over the Duramax. Since the new 6.7 Powerstroke is basically a inverted design the turbo compresses air quicker thus reducing throttle lag. The only way to get max response from any of them however is to remove the dpf and pre-dump fuel which is how all manufactures use to do it before the new government regulations took hold back in 2008. Basically if you feel your truck has poor throttle response you have one of the following:

1. It’s your first diesel truck
2. Your previous diesel had a dpf delete kit
3. There is something definitely wrong with your truck.

As for the lights I agree. Chevy didn’t offer HID’s at that point as they only came on some GMC models. My 18 GMC actually has them. Not sure if this is still the case on the newer Chevy models though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
First week I got my 19, I changed the headlights to LED bulbs, also the cargo lights, reverse lights, and license plate lights.
check into the Boost auto all 6 on hi beam module … it works awesome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Didn’t you notice the dead pedal when you first drove it? Lol

Actually to me coming from a 2008 Ford F250 with 6.4 engine I’m very impressed with these trucks. Based on the 6.4 Fords you have no idea what a dead pedal actually is. By the way have you driven a new Cummings Powered RAM? They are god awful in factory form. Turbo Diesel engines are not designed and don’t perform like gas engines. I’ve had everything from Ford 7.3’s and 6.4’s to Cummins and now GMC diesels and this is about as good as it gets. The 6.6 Duramax is one of the most responsive Diesel engines you will ever own and all this with the new emission systems including a DPF filter. With these systems the OEM’s must retard fuel delivery so as not to overly contaminate the dpf filter. Basically when you mash the pedal the fuel system waits for turbo boost then delivers more fuel. With a turbo you also must wait on the turbo to spool up and compress all the air. Since most gas engines “especially V8’s” are not turbo charged nor require dpf systems they have little to no hesitation. But they also don’t effortlessly pull up to 30k either. Personally I think the current Ford 6.7 has the best OEM throttle response but it’s not a huge improvement over the Duramax. Since the new 6.7 Powerstroke is basically a inverted design the turbo compresses air quicker thus reducing throttle lag. The only way to get max response from any of them however is to remove the dpf and pre-dump fuel which is how all manufactures use to do it before the new government regulations took hold back in 2008. Basically if you feel your truck has poor throttle response you have one of the following:

1. It’s your first diesel truck
2. Your previous diesel had a dpf delete kit
3. There is something definitely wrong with your truck.

As for the lights I agree. Chevy didn’t offer HID’s at that point as they only came on some GMC models. My 18 GMC actually has them. Not sure if this is still the case on the newer Chevy models though.

This is my fifth diesel truck but my first chevy..Non where modified except my 02 ford 7.3 van that i still own . It has a straight pipe.. All others except my 2017 were two wheel drive.. My 17 was fine except it had a wobble that would come out of nowhere.. None had this dead pedal like i have now.. If I try and get into traffic quick sometimes it just bogs for a second or two then takes off.. Never does it cold only when up to temp.. Hopefully when i go in for the def recall it will fix the pedal........Thanks for your help and info

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes then something is definitely wrong with it. Good luck and hope it gets corrected. Maybe ask to see if there are any ECM updates that could help the issue. Not sure if this would be it but it’s worth a shot.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts