Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. First post and I’m wanting some real life info on replacing the lights on my 2019 Silverado 3500?
What have you used and are happy with?
What have you tried and they sucked?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would have thought that somebody has changed put their bulbs for something that’s brighter than the stock bulbs?
I’m not wanting to “build my own headlights”! I just want some brighter lighting.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hi folks. First post and I’m wanting some real life info on replacing the lights on my 2019 Silverado 3500?
What have you used and are happy with?
What have you tried and they sucked?
Beware the Chinese LEDs on Amazon. They may work okay at first, but the ones I tried had some internal failure that resulted in weird electrical feedback noises inside the cab. With the OEM bulbs back in I can't see a damn thing at night but at least the noise is gone.

From now on I'm only going to purchase vehicles that have OEM LED or HID headlights. For the amount of money these trucks cost there's no excuse for crappy old halogens.

Guess I should have bought GMC...'dunno;

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well I would have thought that somebody has changed put their bulbs for something that’s brighter than the stock bulbs?
I’m not wanting to “build my own headlights”! I just want some brighter lighting.
I am not saying doing a "build your own headlights". There are companies that take your OEM headlights and pull them apart and can do just about whatever you want to them. You can paint them to match your truck, remove the orange reflectors for clear or smoked, Put switch backs in the light so its a white LED when driving and orange when you go to parking or blinker, You can upgrade the bulb, hell you can even put a 2" LED pod in the damn things. That'll sure enough give you all the light you need. If you are just wanting brighter lights i would suggest keeping your OEM headlights and upgrading the bulb because any of the assemblies you buy online aren't going to be as bright as what you have now.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I put in a kit from fastheadlights with projectors and hid bulbs in the low beams and led in the highs and fogs. All the bulbs are 5500k.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Get Diode Dynamics HIDs for the highs and lows and Morimoto XB LEDs for the fog lights and you'll be impressed. I've done this exact setup on my 2015 and 2018 Chevy and it was way better than stock. I tried DD LED's in my high beams on the 2018 and I didn't think the light output was a good as the HIDs, although they lit up instantly vs the HID's slight delay.

Reactions: Rickibobby

·
Registered
997 Posts
I put in a kit from fastheadlights with projectors and hid bulbs in the low beams and led in the highs and fogs. All the bulbs are 5500k.
Did you by any chance take some in the dark pics of the throw the lights had before and after? They look great , hate the dim yellow stock lights!!

·
Premium Member
722 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: CDmax16

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a set of headlight revolution LED for the low beams only so far. I got a better deal on them because a local guy didnt want to send them back. So far they are great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts