Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
The 450s are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Impressed with the Ram with the trailer and without , nice ride, Had to rent a F350 dually when this one broke a few months ago, and same nicer ride both empty and with trailer. Neither truck seemed as solid with the trailer as the Chevy.
Talked to dealer today again and they are doing long block , they say no turbo unless damaged and I would have to pay for it... I think not if the covered failure cause a failure of a non powertrain part then its covered !!!! we will discuss a turbo with metal laden oil run thru it ? I promise I will continue updates till the conclusion , I know how some threads die and leave you hanging and it pisses me off !!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got the word last night , new turbo included and in route to dealer and a long test drive and then a oil change as well, this is a GOOD dealer! Hope nothing runs amuck.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Got the word last night , new turbo included and in route to dealer and a long test drive and then a oil change as well, this is a GOOD dealer! Hope nothing runs amuck.
Good to hear! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Do they still have that? I thought they did away with that and bumped it back to 3/36,000
When the went away from the 100,000 mile for everything, they kept (and still have) the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty for the 6.6L duramax.
The new 3.0L dmax in the 1500's also has 100,000 mile powertrain. (the 2.8L in the canyon/Colorado does not)

From GM website:

2020 WARRANTY AND COVERAGE
3-YEAR/36,000-MILE† BUMPER-TO-BUMPER LIMITED WARRANTY
5-YEAR/60,000-MILE† POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
5-YEAR/100,000-MILE† POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
  • 1500 Series Light-Duty (LD) pickups equipped 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel
  • 2500 and 3500 Series Heavy Duty (HD) pickups equipped with a 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel Engine
5-YEAR/60,000-MILE† ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE†
5-YEAR/60,000-MILE† COURTESY TRANSPORTATION
GMC 3-YEAR/36,000-MILE† CORROSION PROTECTION
GMC 6-YEAR/100,000 MILE† RUST-THROUGH PROTECTION
FIRST MAINTENANCE VISIT†

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They were iffy on a turbo at first but then Ok'd it , I would think failure of a no covered part due to failure of a covered part would be a easy decision, the new long block is due in I hope tomorrow and turbo as well, this is expensive !!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well got the word new motor is in and they drove it ,it is ready today if I wanted but being I am 850 miles away I will picket up next Mon/Tues hope they will put some more miles on it. GM corporate called and wants receipts ,does not mean they will pay but 🤞I have to say Airport Chevy in Medford OR did not miss a beat , all on time as to promises and they went all out to get more of what I wanted done. I will post again next week when it's in my hands and see how it came out. Happy New Year All.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Happy New Year.
I hope this all works out g for you.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks, I hope the new motor is a good one!! Its probably those LED headlights cause the mains to fail LOL !! I just have to try and get my faith back in it!! Funny story: I bet I have been thru Reno 8 time since we met? My routes make no sense. Stay Safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Carhauler, I'm, sorry for the trouble you've had with your rig and I hope you get back on the road soon. I'm curious, what oil brand and weight, and filter were you using on your L5P before it went on you?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I use Rotella T5 and AC Delco filter ,it gets serviced by the DIC or 10,000 whichever comes first , usually the 10, I am picking it up tomorrow and hope to find out a cause but they may just know failure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Rotella T5 and AC Delco filter ,it gets serviced by the DIC or 10,000 whichever comes first , usually the 10, I am picking it up tomorrow and hope to find out a cause but they may just know failure.
Thanks for the information. You mentioned that you have used a Ram and a Ford to do your work. I still think that GM has the best product of the three. I hope this is the end of your troubles and that you have many good miles ahead of you.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks, I will see how I feel, chance of another GM is better than Ford or Ram but I will have to do some sole searching

Reactions: Unit Injector

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I got the truck back and have driven it about 500+ miles and its flawless so far, best part is all looks /feels new! no damage , looking under the hood you can't tell its a new motor, this was not a typical dealer experience it was more of a religious experience ( LOL) seriously I am amazed !! Airport Chevy in Medford OR. They could not tell me why the 2 Mains spun and said honestly they will never know and GM will likely run it thru the rebuild process unless there is a reason to investigate. They replaced all hoses and oil contaminated pieces + Long block and put 50 + miles on it and I got it back on time and clean and ready to go. I will update again with some more info with time and miles 🤞

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the truck back and have driven it about 500+ miles and its flawless so far, best part is all looks /feels new! no damage , looking under the hood you can't tell its a new motor, this was not a typical dealer experience it was more of a religious experience ( LOL) seriously I am amazed !! Airport Chevy in Medford OR. They could not tell me why the 2 Mains spun and said honestly they will never know and GM will likely run it thru the rebuild process unless there is a reason to investigate. They replaced all hoses and oil contaminated pieces + Long block and put 50 + miles on it and I got it back on time and clean and ready to go. I will update again with some more info with time and miles

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I got the truck back and have driven it about 500+ miles and its flawless so far, best part is all looks /feels new! no damage , looking under the hood you can't tell its a new motor, this was not a typical dealer experience it was more of a religious experience ( LOL) seriously I am amazed !! Airport Chevy in Medford OR. They could not tell me why the 2 Mains spun and said honestly they will never know and GM will likely run it thru the rebuild process unless there is a reason to investigate. They replaced all hoses and oil contaminated pieces + Long block and put 50 + miles on it and I got it back on time and clean and ready to go. I will update again with some more info with time and miles 🤞
The dealer service experience has come a long way.
I'll admit that having the initial oil changes included in the price of the vehicle was a big part of getting me to darken a dealers door for non-warranty service.

Similar to carhauler I've had positive experience (on warranty items) with dealers in recent years.

I've also had crappy experiences that GM should be embarrassed about.

Somehow GM only seems to send out the survey's after a positive visit....

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
1030 miles now, had a low coolant warning put coolant in twice in 2 days small amount now its been 500 miles and OK, My Def warning system has corrected to a Milage to empty, then % from 30% to 20% then a warning to fill soon because speed will be limited. I had the problem since new with only warning being "DEF empty fill now and DIC was unusable until filled , now DIC works normal and just gives warnings, I imagine this was a software problem from day one that was corrected when new engine was programmed. Still happy at 1000+ miles going in tomorrow for a oil change and coolant check. Still Happy (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
1030 miles now, had a low coolant warning put coolant in twice in 2 days small amount now its been 500 miles and OK, My Def warning system has corrected to a Milage to empty, then % from 30% to 20% then a warning to fill soon because speed will be limited. I had the problem since new with only warning being "DEF empty fill now and DIC was unusable until filled , now DIC works normal and just gives warnings, I imagine this was a software problem from day one that was corrected when new engine was programmed. Still happy at 1000+ miles going in tomorrow for a oil change and coolant check. Still Happy (y)
This good news! Keep us posted on your experience with the new engine.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
1932 Miles so far so good went down thru the desert from Reno to Vegas , pretty desolate and 70MPH speed did well no problems I may be getting some faith back!!!! YIPPPEEEE

21 - 40 of 66 Posts