Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
1932 Miles so far so good went down thru the desert from Reno to Vegas , pretty desolate and 70MPH speed did well no problems I may be getting some faith back!!!! YIPPPEEEE
Good to hear, maybe one of these times when you go through town we can grab some lunch.
That’s a fun drive isn it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1932 Miles so far so good went down thru the desert from Reno to Vegas , pretty desolate and 70MPH speed did well no problems I may be getting some faith back!!!! YIPPPEEEE
Glad to hear this. Perhaps the spun bearing issues were due to a fluke thing. There are many other L5Ps out there doing a day's work every day without any problems. Let's just hope you aren't jinxed.;) Keep us posted on your experience with the new engine.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Little over 2500 miles on new engine still all well and no bugs, def use and regent seem better than before, definitely some reprogramming done cause Def warning that never worked from day one works now, they did block heater recall as well. I will do a service now and get the oil and filter changed. So far pretty happy eating for GM to decide "trip interruption " reimbursement.

Reactions: viper8315

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad to hear this, carhauler. I'm hoping you have a great experience here on out with the new motor. It sounds like your faith in the Dmax is improving.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It is, I serviced it today and it appears it is a 2020 engine? Has the pf26 oil filter and the oil pan is different than how I remember. I don't know how to determine if it has all the 20 L5P upgrades but here'e hoping. Spending some time under the truck again was a good experience not a wire or hose out of place. I am slowly but surely going faith !!

Reactions: 77cruiser

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty sure this is last GM truck for me , now my 19 high country dually lost oil pressure at 65,058 miles 16 months old, been serviced every 10,000 or more often and stranded me twice now, this time really bad area and chevy road service left me on the side of the road for 6 hours, paid the tow and now dealer said can't even diagnose till end of the week and could be a matter of weeks for fix if...... took to different dealer and they are trying to get a answer by tomorrow. If the motor is hurt I believe it will be weeks or months for fix. COVID PARTS !!!!
This is the 5th Duramax failure in 4 trucks and not many people take better care of these than I do.
Lost my faith !!
Hoping and praying for something simple , said "low oil pressure, shut off engine". no CEL no real bad noises seems to be limped but did not want to try a 6% uphill with trailer in snow and rain with no shoulder.
Man you are wasting your time and money buying a light duty vehicle for the type of hauling your doing.Buy yourself a Medium duty truck.Kenworth T-370,Freightliner M-2 106,Hino etc.They are made for work.They are still plagued with emissions garbage,but,they will outlast any pickup doing the same job.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You are correct in a lot of ways but being you don't know the situation and why there is a reason I stick with a Pickup and at this point ( retiring ) a Baby 8 is a expense that is not warranted. And as you stated emissions are killing all the trucks anymore and last thing I need is a PITA like a KW or Frlnr in the shop broke down with failed emissions. At least with these if it gets to ugly it just goes away.

Reactions: blythkd1

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got the call from GM, Believe it or not they are paying the entire expenses from the breakdown? I have to say I am blown away by this whole deal, a really bad situation was made as good as it could be, I will never fault a mechanical device for failure, it just happens, but how a Mfg. responds tells the story and this one was a good one from the dealer end to Mfg. resolution. Cudo's to Chevrolet ! and big Thanks to Airport Chevy and Brittany in Medford OR. I will update now and then but 0 complaints so far.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Back in the shop, this time the trans has gone!! had to go to dealer at home and so far huge disappointment , they can't work on it and Chevrolet can't get a dealer to dealer tow authorized and there are NO loan cars NO shuttles and no hope of anything but a lame response, This has got to stop now ! I am tempted to tow it back to Oregon from Las vegas just so they can at least try and fix it. The Chevy roadside response are the lamest bunch of Idiots I have ever seen tomorrow I will just pay the tow to another dealer who says they can work on it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Your luck is about like mine. Got mine back last Thursday evening and it's down again. Found a new F350 within an hour of here yesterday, called and it was gone. They said they'll try to do a locate today and see what they can find.

There's not much out there if you want a nice trim package with a long bed.

My call with GMCC last week was worthless. They not only don't care, the lady on the call didn't have a clue.

Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes, you’ll be much better off with a manufacturer that doesn’t experience failures.

Sooner or later, everyone will draw the short straw...

·
Registered
880 Posts
You mean other mfrs experience failures too? I did not know that. Thank you.

When you draw the short straw multiple times in a row, it's an easier decision.

Besides, GM made the decision for me.

And my next one will be a gas.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Bone stock! got the word this afternoon likely will get a engine replacement, have not got a answer as to cause yet hope to know tomorrow, interestingly enough getting a Ram rental to finish my delivery. I have my doubts this truck will stay around and I am thinking with holidays it will be Jan before I am back on the road, bitch of it is I live in Las Vegas and its broken in Oregon!!! Will post what they found as soon as I get the word, I will never tune or own a diesel out of warranty ever ever ever !!
@carhauler My buddy has a 15 RAM. We were racing Dirt bikes he crashed and well my son had to drive my Rig (36' bumper pull) and i had to drive my buddies because he was in the hospital. The RAMs pull bitchen. The are low RPMs due to the inline 6 Really drove nice. The sad part is the weak transmissions there is a valve (plastic) on the trans that doesnt let the fluid flow through the cooler until it reaches its HOT temp. Then it opens up and lets the fluid flow through the cooler. ATS has a replacement valve that is Billet for 120.00 that lets it flow all of the time. They have a few quality upgrades for that and of course transmissions. Anyhow i think that would be a great replacement truck. Why listen to me, i havent figured that out yet...HAHAHA Good luck on your venture and hope that trucks gets repaired.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Finally just paid tow to another dealer and hope when it gets there they will work on trans, amazing they are sister dealers and won't work together , such BS , can only hope second dealer will indeed honour warranty and work on it and get it fixed! Chevy roadside assistance said a dealer to dealer tow requires corporate approval and won't even call back. To put icing on the cake there are NO Notta Nothing for rentals in Las Vegas anywhere and stock is down as well cause the Chinese Chip is being held back for ECM's across all MFG's We are SUNK!!

Reactions: blythkd1

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
After a day and a half I had the truck towed at my expense to another dealer cause the first one had no Transmission guy, now I am waiting for a paid for diagnosis ? Its under warranty but they need to OK a charge? What a amazing difference from one dealer to another. And still no loan cars available in the entire Las Vegas area! stay tuned !

Reactions: FreedomOne

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
I spoke to Corporate and they promised to get involved but as of today truck is still in the back lot and no diagnosis or work so broken for 10 days and in the dealer for 8 , no loan car and no word, guess the deal with the new engine was a fluke ? I have discovered yelling and screaming do nothing but being nice and calm doesn't seem to help either. The factory guy said rent a truck and keep track of it and they would see if it could be paid? WTF ? I hope I this turns around once they get it in the shop if that ever happens.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts