Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
You need a punching bag. Vent the frustration that way. I hate that you are in that situation though.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The truck finally got in the shop Tues afternoon, no waiting for answers, I am thinking no matter what happens this one needs to go! Been in the shop since last Wed. broken since last Friday (12) days ago !!! 3rd major failure since June of 2020. I hope to get a answer today!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
They say they replaced the front shaft seal and were able to do that without trans removal?? Also computer tested it in the parking lot for convertor performance? Had the usual "cannot duplicate customer compliant" Spent some time on the phone with Mike L and confirmed very likely convertor failure and all of what they said was Bull Shit!!! Spoke to Chevrolet Customer service and supposed to handle this first AM in a elevated status.....We shall see?

·
Registered
880 Posts
They say they replaced the front shaft seal and were able to do that without trans removal??
That's a good one if you're talking about the seal behind the converter. I guess it technically is possible if you pull the engine!

Have you got your new Ram picked out yet? It's kinda hard to work a trade deal when your trade in truck is broken down, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I went back to dealer Fri and had oil all over the truck and got their attention ! they had me sitting waiting for 4 hours and say its a Thermal switch and it has to be ordered and might be in next Wednesday and that's all GM will authorise, Mike L is real sure symptoms indicate a failed convertor but they won't listen! I have a phone call coming from Customer service Monday and they will again hear my story. Such BS after the great service before with the engine, Service manager told me there are lots of other dealers if I am unhappy? They did put me in a Nissan Ultima with close to 43,000 miles from Enterprise at GM expense, but at least not Ubering all over. This is just such Bull shit !

61 - 66 of 66 Posts