Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting 2019 Denali rims for my 2013. Will the lug nuts I have now work with the 2019 rims?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Maybe post a pic of your lug nuts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am confused - can someone explain to me about modern wheels on our GMC/Chevrolet trucks?

My understanding is that rims separate from wheels havn't been offered ( except for the military, and then only for really heavy equipment) since the early 1930's.

Since that time rims and wheels are mfg. and sold as one unit (although I suppose during the initial mfg. process the rims and wheels are separate until joined together).

I suppose it would be possible to separate modern rims from modern wheels, but unclear why anyone would want to do that.

In my own case, looking at the wheel & rim combination on both my cars of various years, my Case back-hoe, & my 2013 3500 - apparently sold new with standard "drop-center" steel wheels in which the rims were welded on during the original mfg. process.

My 3500 came with 17" wheels and LT235/80/R17 tires. Very satisfactory for the use my truck was purchased for (moderate heavy towing).

? ? ? ?
Not sure what your getting at here? All I want to know is if (assuming someone has put 2019 wheels, rims whatever you want to call them on a 2011-14) I will have to get different lug nuts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what your getting at here? All I want to know is if (assuming someone has put 2019 wheels, rims whatever you want to call them on a 2011-14) I will have to get different lug nuts
………………………

My apologies if my question wasn't clear. Again, I am puzzled by all this discussion about wheel rims. Again, it is my understanding that rims are not and have not been available separately for many many generations; they are typically part of a wheel & furnished and sold as a wheel -rim unit.

Let me qualify my comments by noting I am only familiar with wheel structures here in the western world. If you are in asia, the far east, Africa, etc you folks may be using different terminology, and/or build things different than we do here.

I am also curious - perhaps you can help me understand the basis for wanting to put on different wheels than what your vehicle came with. Yours were stolen? Damaged during an accident?
Rims, wheels people use both terms referring to wheels. Just look on the wheel and tire forums and you see both terms used. I would guess most of the people on this forum are from the western world. And my wheels are ruin so that's why I'm getting new ones

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rims, wheels people use both terms referring to wheels. Just look on the wheel and tire forums and you see both terms used. I would guess most of the people on this forum are from the western world. And my wheels are ruin so that's why I'm getting new ones
He likes to get very analytical with every post. I know what you meant, but I'm sure we'll get a lecture on the appropriate terminology to use from here on out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts