Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new truck. I'd much rather have a 2019 but if a 2020 was in the right price I might consider that one.

Our garage is a standard height that measures 82" to the seal. To the frame is 83". My truck right now (2008 1500, leveled) sits around 76" from the top of the shark fin so I have around 7" of clearance.

With a new truck, I'm not concerned about length. It's the height I need to worry about. According to the spec sheet, the 2019 LTZ CC Short Bed 4wd is 78/79" tall. The spec sheet shows the same 2020 at 79". Is that right? They seem much taller than the previous generation.

I will eventually level the truck with a size or so bigger tire. For those of you that have a leveled truck, what is the overall height with and w/o the shark fin? Does your truck fit in a standard 7' garage?

Sorry for all the questions. I've tried searching but if there is a post, the responses go down a rabbit hole and never seem to find an answer. I haven't been able to find a truck locally to see if they will let me bring it back to make sure it fits so I'm going purely on measurements right now.

**Secondary question - does anybody make a XM antenna delete? I don't have or use XM so I don't really have a need for the antenna. That would save me some height.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Take a tape measure to a dealership and measue the height if you can't bring one home.
All our garage doors were 8' high but when we built our new home here in AZ i had them make them 10' high so i could put the enclosed trailers in the garage if i wanted to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my plan if I can find one locally but I can't find a 2019 within 60 miles of me to go measure. I can go measure a 2020 but I'd much rather have last year's body style.

Since I'm likely going to have to drive out of state for a truck (or 2+ hours), I'd like to have an idea if they will fit before I make the trip. Plus, I'm going to level. Measuring a stock truck will at least give me an idea, I'd like to know for sure from people that have a leveled truck and if they can fit in a standard garage.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Similar situation for me but slightly different. Starting to plan out my garage rebuild. I have a 2018, ill measure it for you when i go out in a little bit. I have access to many local dealerships i can measure later on after work. Im curious of clearance with guys who have done a few things so i can figure out what ti change the garage setup to

My trick with my last 3 lifted chevys is always leave the OEM antenna on. They give you about 2" over the cab - if they hit your body is going to hit. Just additional food for thought. I live in the city and deal with a lot of parking decks so its always been a big help

·
Registered
361 Posts
My 2012 dually barely fits but it has a flatbed so it's the headache rack that gives me headaches:)
Seems apparent that our 7' garage doors are going to have to replaced by 8' someday. Wouldn't work on my house but I suspect many new home plans will include 8' garage doors in the future.

·
Registered
230 Posts
All the places we have been throughout the years most have had 8' high garage doors if not 10'. Would think the 7' would definitely be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
134 Posts
2018 CCSB 2500 z71 midnight on 275/65-18 Duratracs

Approximately 83" to the top of the OEM antenna. Approx 80 to the shark fin

My driveway isn't perfect so thats why im saying approx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts