Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2020 2500 AT4 360 miles and having problems

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Ron Nielson 
#1 ·
So I just got my AT4 and love everything about it. However it is now not drivable. Pulled out onto a main road and went to give it the throttle and it bogged down and would not go. Good thing there was very little traffic. I limped home at 30mph. It would not shift out of 2nd gear.

Received an email from GM via OnStar that I need to have it in for service immediately. I put my diagnostic tool on at this morning and it is saying the same thing.

I already had an appointment for Tuesday because the wireless charging pad and forward crash detection are not working, and now this. How it's not a lemon!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
How it's not a lemon!
One time failure does not constitute lemon law enforcement and this varies state to state.

If you think that you do have a lemon, start keeping very meticulous records of types of failures, days out of service, etc., etc.

#4 ·
Lemon Law is Very Complicated and as referenced above varies from state to state as well as what is required by GM (see your manual) to constitute the required Formal notification which MUST be done to start the process. Need to do that immediately if you intend on going down this path before you drop the vehicle off with a copy of the letter for the Dealership.

I have started it on my DEF meter problem that there is no fix for as of Friday --got my weekly update call from GM since I have a formal case established.

Good Luck....

#5 ·
#6 ·
Update:

Had the truck towed to the dealership this morning. (Had a Yukon Denali as a loaner, not super impressed with the way it drove). Picked my truck in the late afternoon. Dropped it off with 399 miles, picked it up with 482 miles. Glad they did testing, but not thrilled they took a roadtrip and didn't even wash the bugs off the front. Probably better off as they would have scratched the paint for sure.

Anyway, as regards the 3 issues.

1. Truck in limp mode and won't go over 40mph.

Fix: Transmission fluid was very low so computer reduced truck speed. Filled to proper level and test drove 80+ miles.

2. Forward crash detection not working.

Fix: Updated software and fixed issue. They said it only works between 6mph and 36mph. Need to check o. This.

3. Wireless charging pad not working.

Fix: Factory worker forgot to plug it in and quality control final inspection missed it. Technician plugged it in.

I'm glad its fixed, not happy with the 80+ miles I got it back with. I've the truck and hope this is it for a while. Going to tow my 15,000lb camper in November and will update on towing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.