Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a new 2020 3500HD with the heavy duty front spring package? Just wondering what the ride quality is like?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The F60 heavy duty front suspension increases the FGAWR to next available weight. With this FGAWR increase, the truck will get the next size larger torsion bar. For some models, you could get a front shock change and/or front tire pressure increase. Your ride will some depend on your baseline or model you are starting from.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Strongly suspect that ride will suffer greatly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Could be useful when using a weight distributing hitch while pulling a heavy bumper pull

·
Registered
9 Posts
little stiff

Does anyone have a new 2020 3500HD with the heavy duty front spring package? Just wondering what the ride quality is like?
My 3500 long bed has the Heavy duty front end and snow plow prep. it feels a little stiff but thats also with less than 200 miles on it so far. i hope that answer your question.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 3500 long bed has the Heavy duty front end and snow plow prep. it feels a little stiff but thats also with less than 200 miles on it so far. i hope that answer your question.
F60 heavy duty and VYU snow plow prep are two different options and you can't get both on a truck. You can also get F60 on 2wd where you can't get VYU on 2wd.

On most 4wd diesel trucks, F60 and VYU will give you the same suspension setup.

On gas trucks, VYU goes up two to three torsion bar sizes where F60 only goes up one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
F60 heavy duty and VYU snow plow prep are two different options and you can't get both on a truck. You can also get F60 on 2wd where you can't get VYU on 2wd.

On most 4wd diesel trucks, F60 and VYU will give you the same suspension setup.

On gas trucks, VYU goes up two to three torsion bar sizes where F60 only goes up one.
My truck has the snow plow prep and Z71. the Snow Plow prep includes the HD torsion bar so i assume we are saying the same thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've driven a 3500 HD with the HD front spring package (my truck) and another one without it. I could not tell any difference in ride quality from mine to my buddy's truck. Tire pressure makes more of a difference in unloaded ride quality than anything else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience, however once the plow frame, hydraulics blade etc have all been installed, I'm guessing that the front springs would be pre-loaded enough to ride decent. At least that's what I surmise the engineers had in mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts