Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the trucks in person and know they got taller, so I'm curious if they will fit in a standard garage. The gm websites say the tallest truck is just under 81 inches. I was hoping someone could confirm that on their own truck. Thank you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Havnt measured but I have pulled into a 7' parking garage without issue, it was close though.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Go to a dealer and take a tape measure with you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Height's not the problem, it's the length

·
Registered
900 Posts
What's the height at the rear of the box?

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Z71 diesel
18 Posts
I can fit mine in a 7 foot high garage at my home BUT the length is the problem now! It grew, and now I have to remodel the house/garage to make it fit the longer wheelbase (about 5 inches)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am still debating between a 2500 or 3500, I want the 3500. But... my parking garage at work is 6'8". Supposedly a 2500 is just under that number, but I test drove one down there and it just kisses the entrance bar so I know the 3500 won't fit.

My most confident option now is to buy a 2500 and swap the tires for 33" instead of the stock 34" which should get me in the garage. What I'd really like to know though is whether or not a 3500 with a drop shackle in the rear would fit. I think it probably would if I dropped the rear 1.5 - 2" and threw air bags on there for when I'm towing. But it's just this knowing for sure thing that stops me. Any other ideas? I really want that extra 700# of payload.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am still debating between a 2500 or 3500, I want the 3500. But... my parking garage at work is 6'8". Supposedly a 2500 is just under that number, but I test drove one down there and it just kisses the entrance bar so I know the 3500 won't fit.

My most confident option now is to buy a 2500 and swap the tires for 33" instead of the stock 34" which should get me in the garage. What I'd really like to know though is whether or not a 3500 with a drop shackle in the rear would fit. I think it probably would if I dropped the rear 1.5 - 2" and threw air bags on there for when I'm towing. But it's just this knowing for sure thing that stops me. Any other ideas? I really want that extra 700# of payload.
Just to follow up on my previous post. I ended up getting a 2500 crew cab denali 4x4. By the factory numbers it is supposed to be just a hair under 6'8". The factory numbers are not correct. I test drove multiple trucks and they were all right at or just a hair over 6'8". I ended up putting some John C Garage rear drop shackles on mine. I am now at 6' 7.75" to the tallest point. The factory rake was 1.625" higher in the rear. After the drop shackles I am now at 0.25" higher in the rear. In case anyone is wondering, the highest point on these trucks is the antenna, it is 0.75" higher than the tallest point on the cab which is the two ridges on the top of the cab, just behind the sun-roof area. Even though it looks like it, the satellite antenna is not the highest point. I am now parking in my 6'8" parking garage at work without issue. The inside of the garage is actually higher than that by an inch or two, but the clearance bar is set at 6'8". I barely miss the bar, but at least I won't be scratching the top of my truck now. Hope that helps anyone else. Next stop, airlift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.