Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I like it. I don't love it, but I like it enough to get past the looks. I love the bed step!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you look at a lot of the spy photos, the headlights look different and the fog lights are more towards the outside of the bumper like they are on the current model trucks.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hideous.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now that edited photo with color match doesn't look too bad. Can you do that with the head on photo?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I like it. I don't love it, but I like it enough to get past the looks. I love the bed step!
The more I look at the pics the more it's growing on me. I believe (hopefully) the head-on pic is just at a bad angle, possibly low looking up at the truck exaggerating the height of the grill...at least I can hope this is the case until we can see it in person.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like the bed step and the fact that they kept the square wheel wells but the front end is hideous IMO. I'll keep my '16 and install a dual cp3 fuel pump system just before it goes out of warranty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would imagine that the 10 speed will have some issues to work out as well. 10 speeds almost seems excessive in a diesel pickup. It will be interesting to see how they perform...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pretty shocking they didn't do some market testing on this grill. I think it's awful. I like the rest of the truck though. Somewhere else I saw a spy picture of the GMC, I think that is going to look OK so suspect many will grab one of those and these will sit on the lot like the 1500s are. I would be interested to know internally at GM how they react to all this negative response to releasing these pics. Do they grab the design team and get them on a crash project? The grill on the early 2000 Silverados was quickly changed to the "slanty eye" version, but I can't recall if it was because public opinion was poor of that version or not. I had an early version and thought it look pretty decent.

I suspect GM see this response and we will see an updated grill in the next 24 months or so..

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I totally agree. My ‘17 with a six speed has problems figuring out what gear to be in. Let’s throw 4 more in there & see what happens.
I would imagine that the 10 speed will have some issues to work out as well. 10 speeds almost seems excessive in a diesel pickup. It will be interesting to see how they perform...

·
Registered
173 Posts
High Country and Dually Denali

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's the front view of the GMC

Attachments

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
From GM press release."For example, each of the Silverado HD models features distinct exterior design details including grilles featuring either the Chevrolet stamped bar or the iconic Chevrolet bowtie and a mix of black, body colour, chrome or the two-tone metallic trim exclusive to High Country models."

https://media.gm.ca/media/ca/en/gm/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/ca/en/2018/Dec/1206-2020-silverad-hd-country-can.html

Sounds like there are more than the 2 front ends we've seen so far....???

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is a huge improvement. Perhaps they are forcing buyers up to the High Country by making the lower trim levels butt ugly. I like the High Country grill over the GMC.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here's the front view of the GMC
Close, but it's been confirmed its fake. Almost same hood, fenders, etc. as the Chevy image when its going to be entirely different.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
The 2020 GMC is worse, if you slapped a blue oval on the grille it would look just like a Furd PS....

181 - 200 of 626 Posts