Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2020 in for the tire shakes and the service advisor said there is some sort of def level recall. figured I would mention it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Bulletin N192266750 for a software flash I have documented in another thread. It is not a recall and it did not fix my truck when flashed last week. My DEF levels still show half to almost empty when I filled the tank. It seemed to work for a few days showing full then reverted back. Not good -- with mine because of the unknown fix and cause sent the Lemon Law notification letter to GM per the required instructions and per my State Texas requirement Texas Lemon Law Codified as Occupations Code Chapter 2301.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worded that incorrectly. It's a TSB. My 2020 has not had an issue with DEF usage and or level issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer did this on Thursday. Along with the seat belt fix and ordered a front winter grill cover. Mine I had just filled the Def, it showed one bar low before the flash. Showed completely full after.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My dealer did this on Thursday. Along with the seat belt fix and ordered a front winter grill cover. Mine I had just filled the Def, it showed one bar low before the flash. Showed completely full after.
Keep your eye on it. Mine did the same thing then went haywire again. New fix is to install new DEF Tank Assy. Part is backordered. Been waiting a month so far.

Update am 25 November. GM Case Worker on my claim advised that as of this morning it is in Engineering redesign. So who knows.... There is no fix for this issue as of today per GM.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got the software update today. I don’t think it did anything. Even Gas % is stuck at 65%. So much money for this trucks and to run in to small issues is annoying

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got the software update today. I don’t think it did anything. Even Gas % is stuck at 65%. So much money for this trucks and to run in to small issues is annoying
Software update is useless. The part is in engineering redesign. I get an update every week from my case rep at GM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have had the DEF level vary day to day. I have had the software flash which did not help. I also run a iDash and it can show DEF tank level and is a more accurate percentage based indication. What I've noticed is that it seems to slosh quiet a bit. Acceration/braking will cause the level % to vary 20+ percent. Since I have been watching, the DIC went down to one bar (and stayed there for a few days) while the iDash still showed 49% while stationay. Filled it at the local truck stop and put 4.3 gallons in. I dont think the truck has any idea how much DEF it has.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got the CEL and the P20BB code on my 2020 Denali. Truck is dead at the dealer imminent limp mode and waiting for a new DEF tank. There is apparently something shorted internally. Truck was manufactured in January 2020. They had just done that software update.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is still a DEF System related issue with these trucks. Mine had the tank Assy replaced with a Different PN even. Still does it. Just keep it full and a jug of DEF in the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts