Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2020 in for the tire shakes and the service advisor said there is some sort of def level recall. figured I would mention it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Bulletin N192266750 for a software flash I have documented in another thread. It is not a recall and it did not fix my truck when flashed last week. My DEF levels still show half to almost empty when I filled the tank. It seemed to work for a few days showing full then reverted back. Not good -- with mine because of the unknown fix and cause sent the Lemon Law notification letter to GM per the required instructions and per my State Texas requirement Texas Lemon Law Codified as Occupations Code Chapter 2301.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer did this on Thursday. Along with the seat belt fix and ordered a front winter grill cover. Mine I had just filled the Def, it showed one bar low before the flash. Showed completely full after.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My dealer did this on Thursday. Along with the seat belt fix and ordered a front winter grill cover. Mine I had just filled the Def, it showed one bar low before the flash. Showed completely full after.
Keep your eye on it. Mine did the same thing then went haywire again. New fix is to install new DEF Tank Assy. Part is backordered. Been waiting a month so far.

Update am 25 November. GM Case Worker on my claim advised that as of this morning it is in Engineering redesign. So who knows.... There is no fix for this issue as of today per GM.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got the software update today. I don’t think it did anything. Even Gas % is stuck at 65%. So much money for this trucks and to run in to small issues is annoying

·
Registered
731 Posts
I got the software update today. I don’t think it did anything. Even Gas % is stuck at 65%. So much money for this trucks and to run in to small issues is annoying
Software update is useless. The part is in engineering redesign. I get an update every week from my case rep at GM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had the DEF level vary day to day. I have had the software flash which did not help. I also run a iDash and it can show DEF tank level and is a more accurate percentage based indication. What I've noticed is that it seems to slosh quiet a bit. Acceration/braking will cause the level % to vary 20+ percent. Since I have been watching, the DIC went down to one bar (and stayed there for a few days) while the iDash still showed 49% while stationay. Filled it at the local truck stop and put 4.3 gallons in. I dont think the truck has any idea how much DEF it has.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got the CEL and the P20BB code on my 2020 Denali. Truck is dead at the dealer imminent limp mode and waiting for a new DEF tank. There is apparently something shorted internally. Truck was manufactured in January 2020. They had just done that software update.

·
Registered
731 Posts
There is still a DEF System related issue with these trucks. Mine had the tank Assy replaced with a Different PN even. Still does it. Just keep it full and a jug of DEF in the truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took my 2020 in for the tire shakes and the service advisor said there is some sort of def level recall. figured I would mention it.
I tooky 19 in for the recall plus block heater and since I did I have not got any warnings for def level it always reads def ok I've noticed it is using less 19 dmax has 31000 on it now

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the DEF related software update several months ago. Recently, warnings for low DEF or Empty DEF will randomly pop up. So far, it has cleared itself and read correctly prior to reducing the engine speed. The dealer is telling me i need the updated tank and have now ordered it. No ETA was given.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had the DEF related software update several months ago. Recently, warnings for low DEF or Empty DEF will randomly pop up. So far, it has cleared itself and read correctly prior to reducing the engine speed. The dealer is telling me i need the updated tank and have now ordered it. No ETA was given.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
The new tank fixed mine....

·
Registered
416 Posts
The new tank fixed mine....
Hey Busa,
A few posts back (9 months ago) you mentioned that you had the DEF tank assembly replaced and you still had the problem. Did they replace it again, and now it is working properly?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey Busa,
A few posts back (9 months ago) you mentioned that you had the DEF tank assembly replaced and you still had the problem. Did they replace it again, and now it is working properly?
There was another software update. All is perfect now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cool. Thanks
I have a 2020 2500 HD Duramax, I have just had it in twice for this DEF fluid issue. So far, they have flashed the main ECM and the second trip in.. they flashed the instrument cluster. The problem has popped up twice already, but it appears that the main ECM is probably over-riding the instrument cluster. I say that because it had "poor def quality" for a couple of minutes and then my main display was on something else. I changed the display back to monitor my def, and everything was fine then. When the levels were wrong, it seemed to report correctly after a few minutes. We will see, I have only had it out once since they re-flashed everthing.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I am just catching up on all the warranty shit on my new to me 17 with 20k miles

Def tank replaced under warranty
The fuel pressure connector goring bad, the fuel tank collapse and wth is the fix or cause for that?
The Air flow sensor clogs up every three weeks also? Good grief!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts