Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ouch. I think the upfitter switches are holding up the build.
That would be correct, I was told they were on constraint when I ordered as I wanted them also.
They are still on constraint.
As are AT4's now too, I think they are selling better than GM anticipated.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are bound to sell well, finally a high end package with no chrome. The others have had a blacked out version forever. I had to have switches, and ordered badge delete since I take off badges anyway.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
and ordered badge delete
You can do that?

I always tell the Dealer NOT to put their tag on it for make ready.
Then I show up for pick up.....and their Name's on the dually flaps.

"gotta have a State Inspection for it to leave the lot.....gotta have flaps for the inspection" 'dunno;

·
Registered
451 Posts
Badge delete was not available, I checked.
I believe it needs to be slt or less trim for that to be available.

big job done, nice hot water bath, dried, clay bar, removed all the adhesive and rail dust.
Complete coat of Meguiars Carnuba plus, and polished and coated the glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Didn't intend to add the racing picture, but since it's there.......
I am the engine man on this Sportsman crate car, we won last night :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Lookin good ! I didn't clay bar mine, but I did use a new Turtle Wax spray on that is carnuba. It turned out very well, I also did a rain X glass treatment.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I use the spray wax for maintenance, but put down a good coat of paste wax at least one a year.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Im currently debating what bed cover I want. I've had the Bakflip Revolver X2 before and loved the functionality of it. I was eyeballing the Truxedo Sentry and Sentry CT but it seems the Truxedo design you have to close the tailgate before shutting cover and that's a no Bueno. Is there any other roll up hard covers out there that I'm missing? That would also be similar to the Revolver where you can shut the cover regardless if the tailgate is open or closed?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Roll-N-Lock, what the others copy.
Manual
LG226M

or go all out with the Electric powder coat alum, keyfob
RC226E

·
Vendor
10,946 Posts
Im currently debating what bed cover I want. I've had the Bakflip Revolver X2 before and loved the functionality of it. I was eyeballing the Truxedo Sentry and Sentry CT but it seems the Truxedo design you have to close the tailgate before shutting cover and that's a no Bueno. Is there any other roll up hard covers out there that I'm missing? That would also be similar to the Revolver where you can shut the cover regardless if the tailgate is open or closed?
I have been looking at the Baks too. Can't make up my mind though. So these are all the ones I have found to be available or in production for the 20s thus far. Weathertech has one I will adding today but it is a hard tri-fold like a bakflip.

Check it out

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have been looking at the Baks too. Can't make up my mind though. So these are all the ones I have found to be available or in production for the 20s thus far. Weathertech has one I will adding today but it is a hard tri-fold like a bakflip.

Check it out

Let me know if you have any questions.
I literally just ordered an X4 from my local shop, they said it was in stock and should be here tomorrow morning. We shall see! According to the "internet" the X4 has bigger latches, better seals, and several other upgrades from the X2 design.

I had pulled the trigger on the Truxedo Sentry, until I saw their tailgate seal design. Had to call them and cancel that order.

·
Vendor
10,946 Posts
I literally just ordered an X4 from my local shop, they said it was in stock and should be here tomorrow morning. We shall see! According to the "internet" the X4 has bigger latches, better seals, and several other upgrades from the X2 design.

I had pulled the trigger on the Truxedo Sentry, until I saw their tailgate seal design. Had to call them and cancel that order.
Well dang. Yeah I need to make up my mind and get one coming as well.

·
Vendor
7 Posts
Dito. I ran those tires for along time and had to install mud flaps because the front of my black boat had about a million tiny rock chips on it. I still run Michelins, just a different model.

And congrats on the truck - I'm jealous! Exactly the truck that's on my list! Probably for '21 though.
You may want to look at the DuraFlap mud flaps. They are a drill-less installation and full size to protect not just your truck all the way down the sides but anything you tow.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Well I don't know if I "beat" the system, but I got to looking at drop hitches and wondered what would work with the Multipro tailgate. Low and behold I found the following, 6 inch drop angled full forged 17,000lb capacity. Clearance with the step down is around an inch.

I originally had a B&W tow and stow, with the new truck I had it set to the bottom setting which was 6 inches of drop. 6 inches of drop seems to put my utility trailer pretty level ride wise on the new 2020 truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Got my B&W RVK3710 installed today. Will do a test tow soon. Install was straight forward, and decided to go with the straight up configuration instead of further back since the default setup is slightly rear of the axle.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 66 Posts