Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I’ve got less than 2,500 miles on my new Denali, it’s 100% stock and about half the time when I shut the truck off and open the door the radio doesn’t turn off.

Also, I’ve paired my iPhone XS Max multiple times and deleted it and it works fine with answering phone calls or making them directly from the phone unless I use the hands free button on the steering wheel to make a call and then the truck says no phone connected. How is that possible?

Any ideas on these? I don’t want to go to the dealer unless I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I’m aware of that but it worked just fine on my 2016 over Bluetooth and should work on a more expensive truck that’s 4 years newer... I can actually use the wireless charger on this truck and couldn’t before on my old one because the pad was too small for my iPhone XS Max

Also, my radio installed an update that took twelve minutes by itself yesterday and it seems to have fixed the radio not turning off but the phone not being recognized when it’s connected is still an issue.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I'm not saying this is the actual issue but we fought things like this constantly with customers with iPhones at Mercedes. Customers would bring their vehicles in for issues such as this and it was due to an update on Apple's side changing things and the manufacturer hadn't gotten an update out yet and at times were not even informed things would be changing to be prepared. It was always shortly after an iOS update but I am not an Apple guy so I don't know if anything has been done lately and again this may not be the exact problem.

This is however the main reason why I don't care for Apple as they force people to do what they want and change to them. This is also why I don't like German vehicles as German's like to over-engineer everything and try to reinvent the wheel. However, they are 10+ years ahead of most everyone when it comes to technology in vehicles. Most issues are solved by software updates so it may just be a waiting game unfortunately.

Reactions: onetigger725

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I figure it’s software update nothing to do with hardware. Besides these bugs I’m pretty happy with the truck so far.

Reactions: onetigger725

·
Registered
651 Posts
Still have the same problem with the radio not shutting off on our 2016. Happens less frequently now as time goes on but have to sometimes turn off the radio manually. also the truck does not always turn off all dash and steering wheel lights after i set the factory alarm. Like the truck tho and it's not enough to get me to the stealership, especially when they can't find the one software upgrade i need, the RPO UF3 fast idle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here is a post I just created in the "Electronics" area of the forum.
"I just picked up my new 2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali. I've got limited experience with all of the electronics, cameras, infotainment system, etc. I only have 500 miles on the truck. One thing I've noticed though is that when I use the hands free system to make or receive phone calls, the "Ringer" volume on my iPhone gets turned way down. After I leave the truck and receive a call I can barely hear it ring. It only happens when I use the hands free feature on the Infotainment System. Any ideas how to resolve this...other than manually turning the volume back up. 😄 It's somewhat of a pain. Thanks in advance!"

Regarding your specific problem, I've not noticed that issue. I would talk to the dealer. I wouldn't use the USB cable connection to resolve because it's suppose to work wirelessly. Similar things though, are also going on in my truck. If I try to push and hold down the hands free button on the steering wheel until I hear the beep, I don't get a connection to use voice to call someone. That used to work on my 2013. However, if I push the button momentarily, I get a voice prompt and menu items on the Infotainment System. From there, I can voice activate the call feature such as - "Call McDonalds" ... assuming that resides in my Contacts. I'm hoping for a software update to fix these issues. Maybe that's the software changes they talked about for the 2021 models.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Ok if my phone is connected to the USB port with a wire it works in my truck as advertised. But if not plugged in but using wi if it may or may not work. The long press of the speech button that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.