Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I traded off my Ram Evodiesel because I have had it with the emissions mess Ram is in. Today I got an error message on my new duramax saying 165 miles to limited speed. See dealer for emissions system service. I know this is a newer pu and it many around but has anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So last week I traded off my Ram Evodiesel because I have had it with the emissions mess Ram is in. Today I got an error message on my new duramax saying 165 miles to limited speed. See dealer for emissions system service. I know this is a newer pu and it many around but has anyone else had this issue?
Without having any trouble codes to go off of, it will be hard to figure out especially since that truck is so new and not too many on the road. As much as you probably don't want to deal with the dealer, that is going to be your best and only option at this point.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My guess is the NOx sensor may be bad. It sniffs the exhaust to make sure the DEF Fluid is doing it's job. If you're lucky, just low on DEF fluid....but you got the service system message so maybe not. It will limit speed if it thinks there is something wrong with the emission system. Eventually to 25mph or 5mph I believe.

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts