Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is so loud now that i can here it when im 30 or 50 ft from it.. Its really embarrassing when one owns a new truck with the temporary tags on it and it draws attention when i pull in to fuel it up.. Im asked is that engine knocking , it sure sounds like it lol
Embarrassing to say the least !!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I will check the width when wifey gets back from caking cows and feed store with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you !!! So far there are no belt listings from the aftermarket for the 2020 L5P Duramax. A belt I would prefer is a Goodyear Gatorback that was taken over by Continental. Engine sounds like a bearing knock with the thumping sound. Embarrassing for GM that is for sure !!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I checked the one on the 4500. It is 1 1/8" wide. GM p/n is 12675896 and it has another:
AALM 8PK1063.
Hope this helps- maybe it can be crossed to a Continental #.
If you go to find one remember this is for a 2019 4500 HD.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I checked the one on the 4500. It is 1 1/8" wide. GM p/n is 12675896 and it has another:
AALM 8PK1063.
Hope this helps- maybe it can be crossed to a Continental #.
If you go to find one remember this is for a 2019 4500 HD.
AALM 8PK1063 is the length size of the belt

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Is my p/n belt the same as the one on your 2020 L5P?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
MAybe GM changed vendors /materials for the 2020 belts they used. Mine has never made any thumping noises at all so if you can find one same P/N as mine and try it ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried looking up aftermarket belts, Gates, Continental and Dayco and was surprised to not see any listing. Strange

·
Registered
23 Posts
A friend who works on HD Diesels just gave me a Gates HD part number of K100564HD. He claims this is a true over the road heavy duty belt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Part #K100564HD
Product #85550113
DescriptionK100564HD FLEETRUNNER MICRO-V
UPC770075281184
Effective Length (in)56.45
Effective Length (mm)1434
Outside Circumference (in)57
Outside Circumference (mm)1448
Number of Ribs10
SectionK
Top Width (in)1.367
Top Width (mm)35

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
So that belt is supposed to fit the 2020 dmaxes?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would need to pull the belt from the truck and measure it’s overall length and width as well as the rib count to try and find something that may work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems like an awful lot of running around to try and repair what should be a warranty concern by the factory. Do not think most would enjoy taking their overpriced truck a part to try and guess to repair the issue. Reminds me of customers who would drop off their vehicle for repairs. I would put my hand out to take their keys and they would drop their keys into your hand, as though I was beneath them. This happened many times by certain individuals. They are the ones who would never attempt to try and repair anything. lol

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Get your dealer to install one of the belts from a truck like mine- if they are a different p/n.
I agree on customer respect-- had lots of pilots treat guys in my shop like peons- yet when they got the plane back early they were the first to take credit with the owners.
WhTs with the red MD truck in your avatar?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an e mail out to Gates belts, I’ll see if they have a belt in the works for the 2020 L5P

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Seems like an awful lot of running around to try and repair what should be a warranty concern by the factory. Do not think most would enjoy taking their overpriced truck a part to try and guess to repair the issue. Reminds me of customers who would drop off their vehicle for repairs. I would put my hand out to take their keys and they would drop their keys into your hand, as though I was beneath them. This happened many times by certain individuals. They are the ones who would never attempt to try and repair anything. lol
Per the GM Techlink article about how to diagnose, GM doesn't think it's a warranty 'issue'.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Per the GM Techlink article about how to diagnose, GM doesn't think it's a warranty 'issue'.
I know what GM says but if it makes a somewhat loud noise and other trucks don't don't you believe that it should be investigated and corrected? To me, when only a select few have a problem then those few have a defective part(s) and need to be repaired so they operate like the remainder of the fleet.
I have to agree that if I spend 50-70K on a new truck why does part of my money have to pay for bum parts and unusual noises? Am I not to expect that the vehicle is defect free when I purchase it? I also understand that it is a piece of mass produced machinery and will have some problems but those should be a warranty issue not an owner acceptable problem.

If it were my truck I wouldn't be very satisfied with pulling up somewhere with the engine sounding like a bass drum after spending the money on it.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts