Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is my post from another thread. P20EE is gonna drive us nuts. No known fix yet. My other post shows the factory bulletin. My truck is running fine and I just reset the P20EE code when it occurs. Agree with Silentfun65 that it is a software issue and the NOX sensor is reading just fine.

I was in the middle of my first trip pulling 14-15k with my new 2020 2500 Denali. Had the 5er detached and just pulling the ATV trailer and got P20EE code P0495 code. Called the dealer that was closest to my location and he could not touch it for days. I asked if it could go into limp mode. He said yes(bad info) so I headed home with a light foot. Made it over Monarch pass and home while getting in touch with my local dealer. Had the truck into the dealer the next morning. Took him about an hour to diagnosis and send me on my way. The following codes are known issues on a 2020. P11CC, P20EE, P226D,P249E, P249D. I have attached the service bulletin. Bottom line,,, clear the code and drive it. If it comes on again keep driving. It supposedly won't go into limp mode and leave you stranded.

So far I like the 10 speed tranny with the closer ratios for all the mountain driving I do. Power is good, burning about the same on fuel 8-8.5 pulling 15k with mountains at the speed limit, burning more DEF. 1100 miles so far. More trips planned in the next two months. The fancy tailgate hits the bumper pull trailer hitch by about an inch, there is a caution in the manual ,piss poor design,,also can't stand the bottomless pit center console. For 80k you would think they could put a shelf and some nitches in it so all the junk doesn't end up at the bottom. The fancy camera is not available for the back of the 5er. Will put air bags on the truck as soon as they are available, as it squats about 2.5 inches. Like the Andersen hitch except you have to raise the 5er the extra 3 inches to get on and off the ball. Hard on my 5er jack motor. Do not like the side rail steps,,,a balancing act to clean the windshield or wash the hood. Another piss poor design. Many many other nice features though like all the other cameras for parking assist and in tight areas, the cold weather heater cord location, overall space and storage in rear cab, auto headlights, mirrors, ventilated seats and on and on. ing they finally figure out all the emission BS so the reliability is better than my LML. Time will tell but not off to a good start with one visit to the dealer in 1000 miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Great thread. Thanks for sharing everything. I have about 1200 miles on my Denalli and thus far no issues. I have not towed with it yet but working with my distributors to see when B&W primarily will have the turnoverball hitch for the 20s. Supposedly they are coming and there is a waiting list for them. Curt appears to be in the same boat. Will know more Monday when I talk to our WD who stocks them for us.

My miles has stayed fairly steady; about 16.6 around town and got upwards of 19.5 on a 3 hr trip to beach last weekend. I have a Banks Datamonster Idash gauge on order so I can start monitoring more things and data log if necessary. I have not noticed a regen at this point but it may have happened and I just didn't notice the fuel econ change.

I am pretty sure I saw a data bulletin from GM that there are several codes (the one are having) that are under review. They stated in that thread to just clear it and move on. I suspect we will see a recall on them to program them out or fix whatever is going on with it.

How do you like the Bak Tonneau? It is one of the mfg I am looking at for mine. I have used Lund on the last 3 trucks but considering trying something else. When populating our store with the products available for the 20's, I noticed Truxedo, Retrax, Roll n lock all have tonneaus available or will be available by Sep.

If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
I really like my BakFlip quite a lot. I have a coworker who has the Bak that rolls and another that folds. I decided I liked the folding option better. So far it seals really well. Going through the car wash there is some water that gets in at the tailgate but not much anywhere else. It doesn’t rain this time of year where I live so I haven’t been able to test that. I liked the 400lb capacity. It does snow where I live and sometimes we get the rare 12” snow storm overnight. I also spend a fair amount of time around the ski slope during the winter. I didn’t want to worry about the weight of snow damaging my tonneau. The fit and finish are great on the BakFlip. Install was super easy. Takes longer to get everything out of the box and the box cut up and put away than it does to actually install. When it folds up it sits securely agains the cab. The rear view camera Has clearance over it when folded so you can still see out the back even with it folded up. With it folded up it gives you access to damn near your whole bed. Save for maybe 4 inches. My dirt bike will easily fit in the back with it folded up. I like the aluminum as it feels tough and I feel my items are much more secure. Someone could definitely get in with a bar if they really wanted to but it would take some time unlike the fabric covers. That was long winded but if you have any specific questions on it, let me know.

·
Vendor
10,943 Posts
I really like my BakFlip quite a lot. I have a coworker who has the Bak that rolls and another that folds. I decided I liked the folding option better. So far it seals really well. Going through the car wash there is some water that gets in at the tailgate but not much anywhere else. It doesn’t rain this time of year where I live so I haven’t been able to test that. I liked the 400lb capacity. It does snow where I live and sometimes we get the rare 12” snow storm overnight. I also spend a fair amount of time around the ski slope during the winter. I didn’t want to worry about the weight of snow damaging my tonneau. The fit and finish are great on the BakFlip. Install was super easy. Takes longer to get everything out of the box and the box cut up and put away than it does to actually install. When it folds up it sits securely agains the cab. The rear view camera Has clearance over it when folded so you can still see out the back even with it folded up. With it folded up it gives you access to damn near your whole bed. Save for maybe 4 inches. My dirt bike will easily fit in the back with it folded up. I like the aluminum as it feels tough and I feel my items are much more secure. Someone could definitely get in with a bar if they really wanted to but it would take some time unlike the fabric covers. That was long winded but if you have any specific questions on it, let me know.
Awesome. Do you have any pics of it on your truck?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had both a Retrax and a Rollbak retractable hard cover tonneau. I can honestly say that I wouldn't recommend either one and will probably go with a folding hard cover the next time. Both retractables were more expensive, not close to water tight, and take up more bed space due to the size of the cannister. I had a couple of issues with both and the warranty was a joke. Just my experience.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I've had both a Retrax and a Rollbak retractable hard cover tonneau. I can honestly say that I wouldn't recommend either one and will probably go with a folding hard cover the next time. Both retractables were more expensive, not close to water tight, and take up more bed space due to the size of the cannister. I had a couple of issues with both and the warranty was a joke. Just my experience.
I went the other way -- from a hard folding to the poly version of the retrax.

I really detested the folding one blocking the rear window when open.
It was more difficult to open - without climbing in the box. Every time I walk down the side of the box pulling on the flip up handle to open the cover I recall the difficulty opening the folding one from the ground.
I agree that the canister it rolls into is an issue -- but for me it's preferable to blocking the window if it's open.

I don't plan on going back to a folding design.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Awesome. Do you have any pics of it on your truck?
Here you are:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run the Fold A Cover, it allows access to the below the rail fuel tank up front without having to open the rear. My AT4, ordered June, won't even hit production until late September though.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Great thread. Thanks for sharing everything. I have about 1200 miles on my Denalli and thus far no issues. I have not towed with it yet but working with my distributors to see when B&W primarily will have the turnoverball hitch for the 20s. Supposedly they are coming and there is a waiting list for them. Curt appears to be in the same boat. Will know more Monday when I talk to our WD who stocks them for us.

My miles has stayed fairly steady; about 16.6 around town and got upwards of 19.5 on a 3 hr trip to beach last weekend. I have a Banks Datamonster Idash gauge on order so I can start monitoring more things and data log if necessary. I have not noticed a regen at this point but it may have happened and I just didn't notice the fuel econ change.

I am pretty sure I saw a data bulletin from GM that there are several codes (the one are having) that are under review. They stated in that thread to just clear it and move on. I suspect we will see a recall on them to program them out or fix whatever is going on with it.

How do you like the Bak Tonneau? It is one of the mfg I am looking at for mine. I have used Lund on the last 3 trucks but considering trying something else. When populating our store with the products available for the 20's, I noticed Truxedo, Retrax, Roll n lock all have tonneaus available or will be available by Sep.

If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
B and W website shows this hitch kit to work with the 2020's

GNRK1020 part number

·
Vendor
10,943 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for the necro but has anyones truck been affected by the GM strike? If so, how much did it affect your delivery time?

121 - 130 of 130 Posts