Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a new 2020 GMC 2500HD and have a question concerning the Gooseneck/5th Wheel package option that is $545. Does this include the under bed hitch that the ball goes into or is it just the holes & wiring prep?
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
It includes the hitch, I'm told it 's a Curt. I included it in my order which was to be built starting March 23 - we all know where that goes from here. Kinda sad, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It includes the hitch, I'm told it 's a Curt. I included it in my order which was to be built starting March 23 - we all know where that goes from here. Kinda sad, but it is what it is.
Great.. Thanks. My dealer was telling me otherwise. Is the ball that goes into the Curt special? Do I need to purchase that from my dealer? Thanks again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would think not, Curt is a mainstream manufacturer and you should be able to find it in most sizable towns. It may even come with it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the prep package consists of the in bed wiring, the 4 point puck mounts for 5th wheel and a mounting point for a gooseneck ball.
GM offers a curt ball package as an option or an accessory, but there are better balls out there. Personally
I have a PullRite ball, better fit and has its own chain hook points.
This is the puck adapter I use for my 5th wheel hitch, and the ball.
The ball fits great, and allows me to leave adapter plate in truck

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
the prep package consists of the in bed wiring, the 4 point puck mounts for 5th wheel and a mounting point for a gooseneck ball.
GM offers a curt ball package as an option or an accessory, but there are better balls out there. Personally
I have a PullRite ball, better fit and has its own chain hook points.
This is the puck adapter I use for my 5th wheel hitch, and the ball.
The ball fits great, and allows me to leave adapter plate in truck
Yeah GM is gonna charge you another couple hundred for the ball and tow hook things which is ridiculous. I have always gotten the B&W but next one I get might just do the prep package so don't have to mess with taking it to an installer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I upgraded from a 2017 2500HD to a 2020 500HD. the puck system is wonderful and I purchased the gooseneck ball and a BW Companion from an online supplier.

One note about the BW Companion, the footprint for the 2020 is narrower than the previous models. When at the dealer the salesman who was young and healthy moved the hitch from truck to truck and I heard a loud OH NO! Ended up buying a replacement base and just moved the head to it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts