Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this HD family. I am leveling out my 2500, installing 35 nittos, and I am in want of good wheel selections that do not stick out much from stock.

I don’t know what to look for. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
165 Posts
Stay in the 20x9 or 20x10 range for wheels and I’d suggest sticking to -20 offset to keep the wheels from poking out too much. A 0 to positive offset will help keep them tucked more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stay in the 20x9 or 20x10 range for wheels and I’d suggest sticking to -20 offset to keep the wheels from poking out too much. A 0 to positive offset will help keep them tucked more.
I appreciate the response. Links to any wheels? Having a hard time finding options.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had good luck with rimzone. Showed up on my doorstep ready to bolt up. and x2 with the 9 or 10" wheel to keep them reasonably in line with the truck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As mentioned above go to the custom offsets site gallery. You can search by vehicle, wheel or wheel and tire size combo.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
12 Posts
wrong!!!!

a -20 offset will make the wheels stick way out. you want a +20 to keep them tucked in. 0 is the least I would run if you want them to not be out too far. I run a 0 and it is marginally acceptable.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
125 Posts
wrong!!!!

a -20 offset will make the wheels stick way out. you want a +20 to keep them tucked in. 0 is the least I would run if you want them to not be out too far. I run a 0 and it is marginally acceptable.
👆this

·
Registered
165 Posts
I fully understand offset and I know -20 pokes out more and +20 tucks. The OP said he didn’t want them to poke out too much. That’s why I said -20 or less meaning heading back towards positive numbers. I run -1 offset in the winter and -40 offset in the summer and see everyday the difference in poke. Glad we got that all cleared up.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
125 Posts
I fully understand offset and I know -20 pokes out more and +20 tucks. The OP said he didn’t want them to poke out too much. That’s why I said -20 or less meaning heading back towards positive numbers. I run -1 offset in the winter and -40 offset in the summer and see everyday the difference in poke. Glad we got that all cleared up.
-20 on a 20x10 will not work with a leveling kit. I was not questioning your knowledge of offsets, just the op is leveling his truck, and if he got a -20 offset, he’s in for a world of trimming and headaches.

On a level only, best to stay in the + range of offsets, with the 35” tire he plans on running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts