Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I haven't climbed under my truck and looked, I've read on several sources that the 2020 motors have a different filter. On my 2019 I ran the Baldwin oil filters, I'm coming up on 5000 miles so I'm looking for all the fixins to get my oil changed. Guess I'll climb up under and see what all the supposed change is, wonder if the previous Baldwin filters will work.

Im seeing WIX 51372, Mobil 1 M1-210A, and Royal purple 20-820

These are all listed to fit our 2020 diesels on oreilys auto, as well amsoil has the WIX filter listed on their website.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Although I haven't climbed under my truck and looked, I've read on several sources that the 2020 motors have a different filter. On my 2019 I ran the Baldwin oil filters, I'm coming up on 5000 miles so I'm looking for all the fixins to get my oil changed. Guess I'll climb up under and see what all the supposed change is, wonder if the previous Baldwin filters will work.

Im seeing WIX 51372, Mobil 1 M1-210A, and Royal purple 20-820

These are all listed to fit our 2020 diesels on oreilys auto, as well amsoil has the WIX filter listed on their website.
Yes PF26.. I changed mine about 600 then again this last weekend. I use the EA Amsoil filter. Just make SURE what you are looking at crosses with the PF26! No reason to crawl under just look at the manual.

Service and Maintenance
Maintenance Replacement Parts
Replacement parts identified below by name, part number, or specification can be obtained from your dealer.
Part GM Part Number ACDelco Part Number
Engine Air Cleaner/Filter 84554703 A3248C
Fuel Filter 23304096 TP1015
Engine Oil Filter 12684038 PF26
Use only the specified filters.

·
Registered
233 Posts
they went to metric threaded

·
Registered
634 Posts
PF26, pn#12684038 from the 2020 Duramax supplement manual.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crawled up under to take a peek. Looks like I've got some oil residue/drops in various spots. One area looks like regular oil, other area is red oil of some sort, could be tranny fluid but looks like its coming from the oil cooler area. Could be break in oils? When I change my oil I'll probably wipe it all down and see what it does, not showing any spots on the garage floor at all.

Wonder if the Baldwin B1441 would work, but if the threading is different I suspect no.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Crawled up under to take a peek. Looks like I've got some oil residue/drops in various spots. One area looks like regular oil, other area is red oil of some sort, could be tranny fluid but looks like its coming from the oil cooler area. Could be break in oils? When I change my oil I'll probably wipe it all down and see what it does, not showing any spots on the garage floor at all.

Wonder if the Baldwin B1441 would work, but if the threading is different I suspect no.
No such thing as break in oils. They went away many many years ago in cars and trucks. Do not know if the new 10sp tranny oil is red--would imagine so but being it is a sealed system who knows....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will more than likely use the B329 filter providing my local baldwin supplier has it. Crawled under and wiped everything down today, and will keep and eye on it. Im hoping its just random oils from build, if not then that maybe the first service visit the new ride gets!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Baldwin B329 is the correct cross, it is a very popular filter#, i'm sure it would be in stock.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picked up 10 quarts of Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 and a Baldwin B329 filter today... will change it out this evening.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the oil changed, actually didn't have to screwdriver the original filter off like previous new Duramax trucks. Maybe Mr. Hulk is in on the GM strike . Anyway everything went smooth, plenty of room under the new 2020s for my fat ass to change the oil without needing ramps. Attached pictures of the oil filters compared, the 1441 was the previous l5p filter and the B329 is the 2020 and up filter. Slight difference in size, and I'm guessing that's why it takes 10 quarts instead of 10.5.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Got the oil changed, actually didn't have to screwdriver the original filter off like previous new Duramax trucks. Maybe Mr. Hulk is in on the GM strike . Anyway everything went smooth, plenty of room under the new 2020s for my fat ass to change the oil without needing ramps. Attached pictures of the oil filters compared, the 1441 was the previous l5p filter and the B329 is the 2020 and up filter. Slight difference in size, and I'm guessing that's why it takes 10 quarts instead of 10.5.

My LLy, LMM, LML and L5P have all been 10 qt.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
The higher you get the front end, the more drains out of that dumb GM pan.

If you have a Fumoto drain valve, the less drains out.

My LML and LLY have been 10.5 qt services too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts