Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
So far I have used 5 EAO11 filters. The first at 600 miles when I changed the oil out. So far perfect no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So far I have used 5 EAO11 filters. The first at 600 miles when I changed the oil out. So far perfect no issues whatsoever.
That's good to hear! During my shakedown service visit the dealer replaced some "oil related" items. Various gaskets, oil cooler assembly, cam shaft seals. I was running a B329 filter at the time and it could have caused some of those issues, when the dealer replaced the oil cooler assembly they replaced the oil filter with a stock PF26. Long story short, alot of the cross referenced filters do not match the stock filter specs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Is the EA011 the same length as the PF26? Has anyone tried the B40122? How does it compare in size?
yes the PF26 is same size as the EA011, have not messed with getting another baldwin filter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crawled up under to take a peek. Looks like I've got some oil residue/drops in various spots. One area looks like regular oil, other area is red oil of some sort, could be tranny fluid but looks like its coming from the oil cooler area. Could be break in oils? When I change my oil I'll probably wipe it all down and see what it does, not showing any spots on the garage floor at all.

Wonder if the Baldwin B1441 would work, but if the threading is different I suspect no.

I bought my 2020 few months back and the secondarycoolant tank had a defect in the hose coupling. It dropped (coolant) all around the drivers side front quarter panel. Dealer said their was a TSB recall on some models. Hope that helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
No such thing as break in oils. They went away many many years ago in cars and trucks. Do not know if the new 10sp tranny oil is red--would imagine so but being it is a sealed system who knows....
It is not actually a sealed system Allison redesigned the full spot and check spot.

Check this out I have my transmission serviced by a friend who is a gm tech and he said that this is the correct process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts