Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a 2020 picture thread started yet, but these trucks are starting to trickle in now. Thought it would be a good idea to have a picture thread for folks to show off their new 2020 L5P trucks!

I picked up my 2500 AT4 HD last night - Dark Sky Metallic. Unfortunately, the running boards weren't with the truck when it was delivered and it goes back in two days to have those put on, along with the console vault.

I've only driven it about 60 miles, but it's much different from my 2018 2500HD. So far, I've added the mud flaps and the rear underseat storage bin - black GMC emblems are on their way too and should arrive in a couple days.

Dropped it off this morning for full Xpel Ceramic tint and Xpel clear bra on the full hood, full fenders, full front end including lights, A-pillars, B-Pillars, roofline, door cups and edges.

Let's see 'em!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow great looking truck. I think the GMC‘s look amazing but unfortunately not sure what they were thinking on the Chevrolet’s as a front end looks really strange. Two friends of mine are getting ready to switch to GMC as soon as the local dealer get some new GMC’s in stock. They’ve always owned Chevrolets but neither likes the new body style and I can see why. The dealer took delivery of four already but all were pre-sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
98 Posts
my pictures don’t seem to look as good when I upload from a mobile device but they will do for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I drove a LOADED LTZ thursday. Awesome truck, just a really Fugly grill!

My 2002 next to the 2020. They sit too damn high.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is my 2020 picked it up on 8-21... currently sitting at around 2200 miles. Only things I've done are change tires to Michelin LTX AT2's, and added a Bak Revolver X4.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ordered mine 6/27 built 8/7 delivered 8/29
295/65-20 Michelin Defenders ordered today
Installed Putco Blade light bar this weekend
One thing i have noticed, 550mi currently have not had my first regen.
My '18 driving locally would regen every 150-250mi.
Apparently there is a new logic applied to regeneration.
Have my Banks Idash installed and will again be a Banks test pilot for the Derringer when it is ready

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Funny, all the trucks pictured are GMC's, no Chevy's. I talked to my local Chevy dealer and he told me the '20's are flying off the lot and I can attest to that. I want to see a black LTZ in person, when i check their website, every time one is on the lot, by the time I get to the dealership it's not there. Someone is buying them!

-Mark

·
Registered
270 Posts
Funny, all the trucks pictured are GMC's, no Chevy's. I talked to my local Chevy dealer and he told me the '20's are flying off the lot and I can attest to that. I want to see a black LTZ in person, when i check their website, every time one is on the lot, by the time I get to the dealership it's not there. Someone is buying them!

-Mark

Yeah my dealer has 6 chevys and can’t move them. Even the sales guy said they are challenged. Was his nice way of saying they are ugly as hell. Lol.

The GMC dealer is .3 miles down the road from Chevy and has sold everything they get in. Actually not a unit on the lot to look at so people are going to the Chevy dealer next door to test drive then order from GMC. Its hilarious.

IMG_2183.jpg

Like I said before looks like a science project gone bad. Or inbred with a alien.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have my Banks Idash installed and will again be a Banks test pilot for the Derringer when it is ready
Could you post a picture of the light bar?

I’ve noticed my regents are way down as well. After I had the two codes thrown for the NOx sensor I haven’t had one in about 1500 miles. I better knock on wood. And since the last one I think it’s only regenned once from what I could tell. Unless I missed it. My computer was really close to actual mileage the first few fill ups. But lately it’s been 1-1.25 mpg off of actual. Higher of course.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I wonder if they have gone to a bigger dpf filter? If so you would think the regens might take longer too. I love my 18 GMC but having a regen every 350 miles sucks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd be interested to see pictures of the light bar when you have a chance.

Also, are you planning to do anything to accommodate the 295/65 tires? Or do you think they'll fit without any issues in the front? I would also like to go larger but didn't plan to put on different wheels to change spacing. I had 285/65s on my 2018 with keys turned and +20 wheels. Hadn't really considered going much larger until seeing your post.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

-Mark
Not that you can really tell, but the pic I posted with my 2002 backed up next to the 2020 is a Chevy LTZ. I was trying to capture the height difference from my old one so I wasn't worried about getting the rest of the truck in the picture.

I like the lines better on the Chevys but I HATE the grills (except for the High Country).

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Here is mine.....waiting on cab lights and harness to become available so I can install those (anyone have any info on that yet?). Also going to try and figure out which pins in the BCM control the rear-facing lights in the mirrors and the reverse lights so I can run a jumper diode so the mirror lights activate when in reverse. Window tint and ceramic coat getting done this week. Also ordered black "AT4 HD" emblems for the doors. Only driven 40 miles so far.... seems much improved from my 16

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah I have no idea what the designers were thinking. That’s got to be the ugliest front end on any Chevy truck I’ve ever seen. I think it’s going to be catastrophic to their sales until they update it. I don’t think GM will lose sales per say I just think we’re going to see GMC sales go way up on the HD trucks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is mine.....waiting on cab lights and harness to become available so I can install those (anyone have any info on that yet?). Also going to try and figure out which pins in the BCM control the rear-facing lights in the mirrors and the reverse lights so I can run a jumper diode so the mirror lights activate when in reverse. Window tint and ceramic coat getting done this week. Also ordered black "AT4 HD" emblems for the doors. Only driven 40 miles so far.... seems much improved from my 16

Holy cow that looks sick. For all you old farts like me sick now means really nice. . Great looking truck indeed.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts