Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice truck, I haven't seen a long bed in person yet, do you have a pic of the truck from the side? Curious how it looks.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Damn Mobell that is F'n gorgeous!!!
Why, thank you! It turned out about as good as I'd hoped. I was tossing around the idea of 22" wheels but I liked the idea of the extra sidewall on the tires, which is better suited for my needs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice truck, I haven't seen a long bed in person yet, do you have a pic of the truck from the side? Curious how it looks.

Thanks,
Mark
thanks Bud. yes its long i parked it next to my 2018 3500hd SRW and man it was way longer. this has Snow Plow Prep and little stiff but its got about 300 miles on it i assume it will get better. and by no means do i mean stiff like my 1st gen Dodge hahaha just a little stiff and im comparing to my other truck that had 110k on it and most of that was on Dirt Roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey guys i'm selling my stock wheels if anyone is interested.

Im running my stock 20"s from my 2012 Duramax until my new rims come in. I tried to posting it for sale but its still not letting me.

1200 miles on them no scratches or anything.

$1250 no tires
shipping should be 150-250 depending how far

if you want the tires and sensors, I can get a set of tires at cost mount them and ship. If you want

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
thanks Bud. yes its long i parked it next to my 2018 3500hd SRW and man it was way longer. this has Snow Plow Prep and little stiff but its got about 300 miles on it i assume it will get better. and by no means do i mean stiff like my 1st gen Dodge hahaha just a little stiff and im comparing to my other truck that had 110k on it and most of that was on Dirt Roads.
kd; i am somewhat use to driving a long truck. The bought the truck in my signature brand new and it has a bit over 435k miles and still going strong. When i go somewhere, i usually just park in the back so i can get in and out without any problems, plus it keeps door dings down to a minimum.

I assume your '18 was a CCLB? If so, the '20 is "way longer"? I was expecting 3-5" longer than my '02, is that not accurate?

-Mark

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
kd; i am somewhat use to driving a long truck. The bought the truck in my signature brand new and it has a bit over 435k miles and still going strong. When i go somewhere, i usually just park in the back so i can get in and out without any problems, plus it keeps door dings down to a minimum.

I assume your '18 was a CCLB? If so, the '20 is "way longer"? I was expecting 3-5" longer than my '02, is that not accurate?

-Mark
2019 cclb 258.4" (6563mm)
2020 cclb 266.09" (6759mm)

I don't have OAL for a 2002

·
Registered
9 Posts

-Mark

-Mark

Yes my other truck was CCLB and this truck longer and wider... And the obvious is taller. So far I love it alot. Adding Replace bumper to front main reason I got the snow plow prep

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I have been shopping for quite sometime and had somewhat settled on the Denalli but after seeing yours I am on the fence now. I noticed the flares on the build app and passed over it due to the $695 price tag, I would imagine purchasing after the fact is about the same. I'm heading over to Kellogg, Idaho Monday to look over both in person and to see what kind of deal can be made. I don't mind the negotiation process if I get a knowledgeable sales person. Thanks on link for the film. Enjoy your truck!
Well I made the stop in Kellogg, Id and talked to a sales person for about an hour. In the end it sounds like I can make the same deal price wise locally thru the Costco program, plus they had a $650 or more dealer fee!!! The fee includes two (???) polish jobs, tint the front windows and $290 doc fee. So much for a volume dealer having outstanding deals. Still seaching.

My thoughts on front window tinting, I don't like it when I can't see the other drivers face when I approach an intersection so figure they would want the same.

·
Registered
226 Posts

I happen to have a soft copy of the '02 brochure, the '02 CCLB is 256.2" long, so based on redwngr's statement, the '20 is almost 10" longer...wow...wasn't expecting that. Fortunately I'm almost finished with my 3 bay shop that is 32' deep, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is mine.....waiting on cab lights and harness to become available so I can install those (anyone have any info on that yet?). Also going to try and figure out which pins in the BCM control the rear-facing lights in the mirrors and the reverse lights so I can run a jumper diode so the mirror lights activate when in reverse. Window tint and ceramic coat getting done this week. Also ordered black "AT4 HD" emblems for the doors. Only driven 40 miles so far.... seems much improved from my 16
What size are those tires and wheels? They look bigger. Stock suspension? No rubbing?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Got mine today. Still need to update the signature but loving the new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
826 Posts
I haven't paid a dealer fee on over 30 years all they are pure profit for the dealer my dad used to be a general manager of a large car dealership but I dont I also don't finance my vehicles at the dealership I either I pay cash for them or I dont buy it we don't even have a credit card and house is paid for

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have somewhat struck out trying to buy a new one. Stopped in Kellogg, Id at Dave Smith Motors - basically they don't even meet the Costco deal and have a dealers fee of $650 dealer fee. I then shopped the GMC dealer in Renton, WA they had both a AT4 (which had just been delivered and could not be shown to me) and a Denalli - both in Carbon Black Metallic. Once again I asked if they participated in the Costco plan and was told they do but can sell all they can get at MSRP. Still shopping!!! I'm really liking cdh7917 's rig but could easily live with the Carbon Black (to me it's a real dark gray). Not sure what one could expect off MSRP but I'm thinking maybe $5,500 to $6;000.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
I have somewhat struck out trying to buy a new one. Stopped in Kellogg, Id at Dave Smith Motors - basically they don't even meet the Costco deal and have a dealers fee of $650 dealer fee. I then shopped the GMC dealer in Renton, WA they had both a AT4 (which had just been delivered and could not be shown to me) and a Denalli - both in Carbon Black Metallic. Once again I asked if they participated in the Costco plan and was told they do but can sell all they can get at MSRP. Still shopping!!! I'm really liking cdh7917 's rig but could easily live with the Carbon Black (to me it's a real dark gray). Not sure what one could expect off MSRP but I'm thinking maybe $5,500 to $6;000.
I've never seen it where a dealer won't honor the Costco pricing. If you're a Costco member, they should be honoring the supplier pricing.

If you have an idea of what it is you want specifically for the truck, I would initiate the process thru the Costco website. It will collect your information and the details about what you're looking for. From there, Costco will initiate the contact between you and the dealer.

I did a similar program through USAA - they offer a car buying service. Within 30-60 minutes of submitting the request, I had several local dealers contacting me. Since I had seen the listing for my truck I was only interested in the one dealership and once we were in contact, the deal went pretty smoothly.

With supplier pricing, I got almost $6k off sticker. I also had other rebates that helped too from the myGMC app.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've never seen it where a dealer won't honor the Costco pricing. If you're a Costco member, they should be honoring the supplier pricing.

If you have an idea of what it is you want specifically for the truck, I would initiate the process thru the Costco website. It will collect your information and the details about what you're looking for. From there, Costco will initiate the contact between you and the dealer.

I did a similar program through USAA - they offer a car buying service. Within 30-60 minutes of submitting the request, I had several local dealers contacting me. Since I had seen the listing for my truck I was only interested in the one dealership and once we were in contact, the deal went pretty smoothly.

With supplier pricing, I got almost $6k off sticker. I also had other rebates that helped too from the myGMC app.
I am a Costco member and did go thru the process for the auto buying program, they set me up with the local dealer. Not getting much response from them as they just changed hands and it appears that almost all but the sales manager are new, I just need to put more effort into it locally. Of course my location in NW Montana limits me locally - the next closest dealer is 120 miles away both with limited stock on hand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
New shoes today - Fuel Blitz 20x9 +20 offset & Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/65/20.

Truck is stock as far as suspension goes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
New shoes today - Fuel Blitz 20x9 +20 offset & Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/65/20.

Truck is stock as far as suspension goes.

Nice man truck looks good! Any rubbing on lock to lock with at tire size?

Your offset is completely different from what I’m doing (20x10 -19) but I’m gonna be running 285/65r20s or 33x11.5 not sure yet they are almost the same size lol but I don’t want to trash the side of my truck every puddle I go thro 😂 I’ll have LML for that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
The very slightest of contact at full lock - only on the outer shoulder of the front tire against the liner; the rear of the front tires clear with room to spare. I expect I will be able to pin the liner back with a zip tie if I decide it needs to be addressed.

I don't know if I'll bother, it just barely, barely touches. Hell, it may not be touching after the drive home and the suspension has had a chance to settle back to it's normal position. I couldn't hear any rubbing while backing into my garage, which requires a full lock left turn as I approach, and a full lock right turn backing in.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I got to install my wheel package.

-Wheels 20x10 -25
-Tires 37”.13.5”.20”

Removed front mud flaps, minor trimming on fender and bumper. Cranked stock keys 8 full turns
Truck looks amazing! I’ve been impatiently waiting for a big lift to come out so I can get my at4 lifted.

181 - 200 of 255 Posts