Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
2020 Denali HD Duramax. 5 inch Zone lift with fox suspension. 22x10 fuel Blitz wheels, with Toyo MTs 37” wheels. Turned out pretty good.
im thinking on pulling the trigger on this 5” lift as well and would like to know if the cv axle is in better horizontal position to sweet the diff?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah still have to take it back cause it looks like the tech took the chrome emblems off with a screwdriver so for that money that's not going to fly bit I finally got my toolbox and running boards on it and I love it. The gmcs are awesome looking too but I'm not a gmc boy and it makes me laugh so hard when I hear gmc boys calling out dodge for putting ram on the front of their trucks like its ugly or something. News flash I haven't seen one gmc without 3 letters on the grille lol but to each their own I'll take my 9 letters and be happy with them

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah still have to take it back cause it looks like the tech took the chrome emblems off with a screwdriver so for that money that's not going to fly bit I finally got my toolbox and running boards on it and I love it. The gmcs are awesome looking too but I'm not a gmc boy and it makes me laugh so hard when I hear gmc boys calling out dodge for putting ram on the front of their trucks like its ugly or something. News flash I haven't seen one gmc without 3 letters on the grille lol but to each their own I'll take my 9 letters and be happy with them
Did he scratch your paint or what?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yes he scratch it and for what I paid for with getting screwed I expect it to be perfect lol I understand making mistakes but fass I before it gets delivered
Bummer must of not known how to take them off I have always used heat and dental floss or plastic to remove emblems

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the GMC’s better. But i don’t mind the Chevys. I can’t stand those stupid side markers over the wheel wells.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No lift, no level, Fuel 20X9+20 295/65-20
Black emblems, tinted markers, tinted glass
Derringer equipped since December, and loving it :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
No lift, no level, Fuel 20X9+20 295/65-20
Black emblems, tinted markers, tinted glass
Derringer equipped since December, and loving it :)

Ready to pull the trigger on the Derringer. Thoughts? What exhaust you running?

By the way, good looking truck.

Bill

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger on the Derringer. Thoughts? What exhaust you running?

By the way, good looking truck.

Bill
Derringer is a great addition to an L5P

Exhaust is my creation, stock over axle pipe cut at rear hanger. intercooled 4" to 5" out to 5" inlet Banks monster tip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Would like to see more or know more about the exhaust mods. Got any more pictures or how and what you used? Looks like you used some sort of elbow. Just cant tell for sure.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
433 Posts
Would like to see more or know more about the exhaust mods. Got any more pictures or how and what you used? Looks like you used some sort of elbow. Just cant tell for sure.

Thanks,
Bill
There is a restriction at the end of the stock pipe inside the cooling tip that needs to be removed in my opinion. after cutting to near the rear hanger, I dissected the cooling tip and used a portion of it to get my cooled 4" to 5" adapter.
obtained a 45deg elbow to redirect exhaust to not dump on the 5th wheel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Like what you did. Any particular place you got the elbow? Part number? I wonder if it would be best to extend the exhaust a little further into the cooling piece? Do you have any fear of the heat escaping instead of passing through the exhaust tip?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
46 Posts

Thanks,
Bill
There is a restriction at the end of the stock pipe inside the cooling tip that needs to be removed in my opinion. after cutting to near the rear hanger, I dissected the cooling tip and used a portion of it to get my cooled 4" to 5" adapter.
obtained a 45deg elbow to redirect exhaust to not dump on the 5th wheel.
Any changes on exhaust sound?

221 - 240 of 258 Posts