Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a pancake adapter to allow me to run the 2020 oil cooler assembly and still keep my amsol dual oil filter kit and mishimoto oil cooler assembly?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Personally I think this would be the perfect time to apply the KISS method. The duramax is very easy on oil and you doubled the oil cooling capacity. I would leave both of those items off and run it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I think this would be the perfect time to apply the KISS method. The duramax is very easy on oil and you doubled the oil cooling capacity. I would leave both of those items off and run it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks, unfortunately this is not a option per the customer... They are overly worried about heat dissipation and want as much additional cooling as possible.. If this is not possible we will just go with the 2019 style oil cooler.. this is going in a 05 yukon overland trail rig that will see a much longer oil change interval then usual because it will be driving from Dallas tx to northern Alaska then down the west coast and on to Argentina and then after that if their plans stay the same it will be shipped to south Africa where it will will be doing a drive from there to Siberia... They are wanting as much oil filtration and cooling ass possible. I have debated the idea of a custom pancake with them but atm and trying to get them to settle on the earlier style l5p oil cooler assembly. Oh this rig will be lulling a small 4800lb overland trailer as well as roof top tent and custom heavy winch bumpers etc. I am simply doing the drive line conversion and integrating the quadrasteer system as well. They are handing their own body work and trailer build... I had built a Landcruiser for them a while back for the same type of driving and they are back for something a bit bigger

·
Registered
762 Posts
With going to remote areas and foreign countries that would make me want to keep things more simple in case of a breakdown. Some people get overly worried on certain things and you cannot change their mind. I do 40,000 mile oil changes and my UOA come back great even after 500,000 miles. Last year I installed the 17-19 cooler so here shortly we will see if there is any changes in my UOA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts