Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason a few minutes after I’ve locked my truck the horn will beep fast 6 times and then at random times it will honk once and the lights will flash. What could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Sounds like a body control module freaking out. Possible that it could also be a door latch feeding a bad signal to the bcm too. That’s though to accurately diagnose without being able to see the bcm input data when the concern happens. Theft system trigger history data may show something too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That went way over my head! Will a dealership be able to diagnose it based on the information you just provided?

·
Registered
321 Posts
My truck did this after I rotated my tires and had a low tire pressure warning. The tire shop did not reset the sensors. I got the GM tool and reset the TPMS and it stopped doing it. Not sure if it’s supposed to do that or if it was a software issue. It was weird because it didn’t always honk the same amount of times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s probably my issue. I have my rear tires set at 50 lbs so my light is on. That being said... can the threshold be adjusted so that I can run lower pressure without a light coming on.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That’s probably my issue. I have my rear tires set at 50 lbs so my light is on. That being said... can the threshold be adjusted so that I can run lower pressure without a light coming on.
I've heard dealers can, if they're willing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts