Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are plenty of photos of 2020 GMCs on the forum but this is the first one I've seen in person. I was impressed. So impressed that I stopped to look at the Chevys because so many have said how they don't like how the looked. IMO they look a lot better in person.
What I really liked is how the engine sounds. It was very smooth. They were just for display so I didn't get to drive one. Since I don't need to buy one yet that's probably a good thing...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I got passed by 2 of them on I-10 this morning. 2 company trucks, one following the other. The one if front looked like an LTZ and the one in the rear was a High Country. Also parked head-on to one last week at lunch. WT I think.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Even in person I think the 2020 Chevy is the ugliest truck on the road, only thing that comes close is the Titan. I'm a fan of the look of the GMC, if I was in the market for a new 2500/3500 I would not even look at the Chevy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree the GMC looks better. The Chevy with the bowtie looks better than the one with the word Chevrolet written across the grill.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Even in person I think the 2020 Chevy is the ugliest truck on the road, only thing that comes close is the Titan. I'm a fan of the look of the GMC, if I was in the market for a new 2500/3500 I would not even look at the Chevy.
I was in this camp early on also, but the more i look the less i like the GMC. I do not like the shape of the wheel wells and the lights in the fenders. I'm also not a fan of how far back into the grill the headlights look.

The Chevy is growing on me, i have never seen a vehicle that looks so different in photos vs. in person. I know a lot of people do not like the looks of the Chevy, but to me, it is an aggressive look and really makes the '19s look (i am going to get flamed for this) wimpy. The stance on the new trucks looks aggressive as well as the grill/front end. But...to each his own!!!

I have seen about 6 of the Chevy's on the road and 2 GMC's. A friend of mine sent a picture of a Chevy CCLB WT in white, that i haven't seen in person.

Now be nice in your responses!

-Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put 800 miles on my 2020 High Country in the mountains of NC. All I can say is WOW.

The performance, torque, handling is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. This is my first diesel and I’m overwhelmed, of how much fun it was.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking about switching brands once I'm done with my current truck and the Chevy is on the top of my list. By the time I am ready, th 2020s will have been on the market long enough to be proven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts