Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went with the suspension maxx and rancho shock. Not a real big Rancho guy , but it does work good.
Thanks for your response.

I just ordered the SuspensionMaxx kit from Summit Racing. Best price I could find.

I'm the same way about Rancho - but I've read that the Bilstein has a positive charge and that it results in the steering pulling to the right.

·
Registered
DRW HC THUMPER
77 Posts
Yea gotta put aftermarket parts on a shit box truck too get it to perform as normal. Seems legit too me

·
Registered
DRW HC THUMPER
77 Posts
So not only does the truck not steer but now it vibrates at highway speeds after a rotation. What a quality way to spend money. Thanks GM, worthless ass company

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So not only does the truck not steer but now it vibrates at highway speeds after a rotation. What a quality way to spend money. Thanks GM, worthless ass company
I am on my 3rd set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers real 3ply sidewalls (35x12.50-20) as factory tires are for mall crawlers not for off road. The ranch has lot of dead mesquite we killed with aerial pellets dropped 8 years ago. Thorns are 2 inches long and eats tires like a fat boy in a doughnut shop. All 3 sets, just got back today from latest trip 48k plus on the 2020 and in West Texas speed limit is 80 and I cruise at 85 were/are as smooth as glass every time

Sorry you are having trouble. Going to really miss this truck. Do not really need the 2500 any longer so may upgrade to a high performance beast the TRX.

·
Registered
DRW HC THUMPER
77 Posts
I am on my 3rd set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers real 3ply sidewalls (35x12.50-20) as factory tires are for mall crawlers not for off road. The ranch has lot of dead mesquite we killed with aerial pellets dropped 8 years ago. Thorns are 2 inches long and eats tires like a fat boy in a doughnut shop. All 3 sets, just got back today from latest trip 48k plus on the 2020 and in West Texas speed limit is 80 and I cruise at 85 were/are as smooth as glass every time

Sorry you are having trouble. Going to really miss this truck. Do not really need the 2500 any longer so may upgrade to a high performance beast the TRX.
Thanks, I thought about ditching my truck for a TRX aswell. So I vote do it haha

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I just installed the Suspension Maxx steering stabilizer kit. It’s a night and day difference in the steering on road or off. Pretty pathetic that GM sends these trucks out the door without one.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
213 Posts
I just installed the Suspension Maxx steering stabilizer kit. It’s a night and day difference in the steering on road or off. Pretty pathetic that GM sends these trucks out the door without one.
I was amazed at the difference also, I have never really thought a steering stab made a difference on past trucks, but it sure did on this one.

·
Registered
DRW HC THUMPER
77 Posts
Well they fixed the vibration because they rotated the tires wrong lolol... (nice) and GM told the dealership to replace the IST again even though this is the 3rd time. Is anyone else having this many problems with this shaft

·
Registered
DRW HC THUMPER
77 Posts

you get that TRX yet????So many for sale now new and used. Used is probably the ones who got 3mpg and couldn’t hang lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my I-shaft replaced twice now. The first one was with the "original style" the second was the "modified" version both failed to fix the clunky/vibration. I'm being told by the dealership that there is yet another version to come out but it's not available yet. Anyone have any insight as to what the next version will be and when it will be available? My dealership did not have the answers to those questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My truck is a 20 denli HD . This has a steering click and when turning over bumps it sounds like something is coming apart. I have 10K on it and its a year and half old . I guess i will have to make a appointment with dealer..

Good info here

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
67 Posts
My truck is a 20 denli HD . This has a steering click and when turning over bumps it sounds like something is coming apart. I have 10K on it and its a year and half old . I guess i will have to make a appointment with dealer..

Good info here
there is also a little plastic sleeve/bearing type of thing in the boot at the firewall that the ISS goes through. that think clicks on mine when the ambient temp is cold. after the dealer does the ISS replacement, I am going to grease that little thing

·
Registered
4 Posts
[purchase cognito idler support kit and supersteer, only true fix. After going to the dealership three times for the same issue I finally figured out myself and got this mit-game changer. Steering is now heavy and holds a straight line
I’ve been wondering if this would help. I’d hate to blow $250 for it not to. A lot of people don’t realize the steering is ultra sensitive on these trucks. I just want it to be tighter. Since you’ve had it for a while should I pick one up?

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4WD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab
25 Posts
I have had my truck in and out of the dealership at least 10 times since I bought it new off the lot and all they keep doing is replacing the tires and rims and they even did a Picoscope. Here are my symptoms please let me know if they match what you all had.
On a smooth paved road it does drift a little especially at highway speed, but when you hit the areas that have the cracks in the road I feel everything in the steering wheel and it takes effort to stay straight, I also feel a clunk in the steering wheel when hitting the rough cracks in the road it almost feels like there are no shocks on the front, and the picture and description that AntonioV posted is also my truck.

Is this the intermediate steering shaft???

I had a 2001 Chevy with the shaft issue I can't believe it is here again.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
213 Posts
I finally got around to taking mine in today, they said it is the lower intermediate steering shaft, and told me they will call when the part comes in. Wonder if mine could be the lower, or if they just miss diagnosed it? The bulletin I’ve seen on here states to replace the upper intermediate steering shaft…

41 - 60 of 109 Posts